Sr. Financial Analyst
- Madison, NJ
Fortune 500 Healthcare Company
MUST HAVE PRIOR BIG 4 OR UPPER TIER PUBLIC ACCOUNTING EXP, CPA OR PURSUING
Responsible for the recording, reporting and analysis of receivables and related disallowance and bad debt reserves for business units.
• Record revenue, sales accrual and bad debt entries for business units.
• Calculate each business units reserve position, challenging accuracy based on trends, billing assessments and the units billing action plans.
• Compare trends to billing benchmarking.
• Prepare reports and provide analyses on the adequacy, status, and trends or the disallowance and bad debt reserves. Provide an in depth analysis of disallowance and bad debt activity and make recommendations to the Revenue Control Manager as to future action.
• Collect, consolidate and/ or review sales accounting data and ensure proper recording in the general ledger.
• Support the PeopleSoft/ Billing System interface to ensure that all financial entries are accurate.
• Responsible for the more complex activities associated with revenue recognition and A/R valuation.
• Review work prepared by others in the group.
• Prepare reports and provide analyses on sales and accounts receivable data for the field and corporate financial communities. Recommend and develop new reports and tools based upon feedback received.
• Prepare cash analyses.
• Interact with field and corporate personnel to ensure all sales, bad debt and accounts receivable related questions are addressed.
• Generate and distribute related monthly reporting.
• Perform business unit specific reviews, as needed.
• Evaluate the efficiency of existing departmental systems and procedures, recommend procedural changes, and assist the Manager with the implementation of enhancements and revisions to the automated and manual accounting systems.
• Provide assistance to the Manager in completing all financial audit requests.
• Monthly special projects.
Must have Big 4 Public Accounting or Large Regional Public Accounting experience, Coupled with CPA or MBA
B.S. in ACCOUNTING
4+ years of related work experience in large corporate or large public accounting (Big 4 or Tier 2)
Strong computer skills, analytical skills and interpersonal skills; high level of intuition
Knowledge of the healthcare industry, billing and accounts receivable issues a plus but not a requirement
Action oriented self-starter
Natural sense of curiosity
$80K to $90K plus Bonus
Please email email@example.com