Manager of External Reporting
- Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ
Large Global Pharmaceutical Company
· Assist in the preparation and filing of all financial reports with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and other governmental agencies. Organize filings using Edgar and XBRL.
· Review the preparation of GAAP consolidated financial statements including balance sheet, income statement, cash flows and shareholders’ equity.
· Prepare schedules and analyses required for quarterly and annual filings with the SEC.
· Provide guidance to Corporate Accounting on significant accounting transactions to ensure amounts are recorded correctly in the Company’s general ledger.
· Monitor new accounting pronouncements and guidance in US GAAP and SEC to determine impact on the Company’s financial accounting and reporting practices.
· Establishes and implementes global accounting policies. Writes technical accounting memos establishing accounting guidelines.
· Provide technical accounting guidance throughout the organization.
· Work with external auditors on quarterly reviews and year-end audit.
· Prepares the annual proxy including all supporting schedules and analysis.
· Directs the preparation of the annual audit for the company’s retirement plans.
· Supports Investor Relations through timely review of quarterly earnings releases and filing of ER 8-K.
· Prepares EPS calculations and stockholders’ equity account rollforwards.
· Prepares consolidated statement of cash flows and various balance sheet and cash flow supporting analyses.
· Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws.
· Current SEC rules and regulatory reporting requirements
· US GAAP and IFRS standards.
· Financial reporting and consolidation practices of a global business operation.
· Financial information systems including Cognos Controller or equivalent systems, SAP/JDE solutions; expert in Excel.
· Handling and completing on time multiple projects, duties, and assignments.
· Researching, analyzing and evaluating new accounting and reporting standards and related guidance.
· Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
· Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with others.
· Working with financial information systems including SAP, or related systems.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field from an accredited college or university. Five to Seven years of progressive financial management experience in public accounting and private industry. Must have experience within the external reporting function of a large public company, preferably the pharmaceutical industry. Must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). Big 4 public accounting experience and MBA a plus.