- Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ
FORTUNE 500 MANUFACTURING COMPANY
PRIOR LARGE REGIONAL(or Bigger) PUBLIC ACCOUNTING EXPERIENCE
Senior Internal Auditor
ONLY 10% TRAVEL
Management Development Program
Reporting to the Manager of Internal Audit, this dual role position is responsible for leading complex activities associated with completing internal audits as well as performing short-term (up to three months) projects in our Management Development Program. This position will participate in planning and conducting financial and operational audits, as well as leading/coaching other auditors.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Perform risk-based integrated audits (combined financial and internal control audits).
• Participate in planning and managing staff across simultaneous audits in multiple locations to accomplish annual audit plan.
• Conduct special projects as required throughout the domestic organization.
• Assist staff auditors in gaining control and audit skills as well as validating that work performed meets or exceeds audit standards and objectives.
• Ensure the accuracy and clarity of audit documentation and guide audit staff in the preparation of audit reports.
• Lead the staff in communicating audit results in an objective and accurate manner to all levels of financial and operational management.
• Develop and maintain contacts with financial and operational executives, to ensure an understanding and acceptance of audit requirements, approach and reporting.
• Perform non-audit projects/activities with Business Unit, Segment, and Corporate personnel as part of the Management Development Program. The length and nature of these projects vary based on the needs of the businesses. Projects are generally related to accounting and finance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• This position involves travel to both domestic and international locations.
3+ years experience in public accounting, specializing in audit
Audit senior experience
Sound project management skills as evidenced by management of multiple, simultaneous financial audits, or equivalent engagement/project experience
Strong knowledge of internal control concepts and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act requirements
Solid PC skills with demonstrated proficiency in office productivity tools (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, etc.)
Strong written and oral communication skills
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
$75K to $85K