Senior Retail Financial Analyst
- New York, NY
Fortune 500 Retailer
POSIITON SUMMARY: Assists the Assistant Controller by preparing reports that summarize and forecast company business and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB
Day to Day:
- Review and code invoices for Assistant Controller approval
- Review associate expense reports for Assistant Controller approval
- T&E and open invoice inquires
- Review/prepare sales bookings reports
Month End Close
- Prepare monthly accruals Review of A/P activity for correct account classifications
- Review of payroll activity for correct department classifications
- Review and approve shop in shop capital requests and spending
- Maintain updated org charts with dept. heads
- Prepare monthly/YTD expense variance analysis with explanations.
- Analyze/reconcile actual sales and margin to forecast and provide explanations of variances.
- Attend monthly sales/shipping meeting
- Prepare sales and margin forecast
- Prepare balance sheet forecast
- Prepare and review operating expense forecast
- Prepare and review management report schedules
Monthly Financial Review
- Prepare a monthly financial review package by division including:
- Complete P&L review with variance explanations
- Review and distribute monthly expense analysis by department (i.e., T&E, artwork, tradeshow, meetings, etc.)
- Review advertising analysis-work with marketing manager monthly to reconcile and track expenditures
- Prepare and review samples analysis
- Prepare other P&L and B/S analysis as needed.
Sales Allowances and Coop Advertising Expenses
- Review and resolve open and authorized chargebacks with accounts receivable
- Review chargeback tracking reports for accuracy (i.e. the out budgets, g/l etc.)
- Work with sales reps and analysis on open chargeback’s
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
5 – 7 years financial analyst/accounting experience
Full P&L and B/S experience
Industry experience preferred-apparel/manufacturing/retail
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
Skills: Strong Excel and systems skills (i.e., pivot tables, macros, advanced formulas, etc.)
Ability to quickly learn various systems such as: Lawson G/L & A/P system, Hyperion, and ACS.
$90K plus bonus