Senior Technical Accountant (SEC)
- Secaucus, NJ
Fortune 500 Company
The position will assist with the preparation and review of SEC filings (10-Q, 10-K, 8K and others as appropriate). The position will also assist in establishing and maintaining accounting policies and procedures, and determining the accounting treatment for specific accounting issues. Specifically, the job responsibilities include:
- Assist in the preparation and/or review of information included in financial statements, footnotes, MD&A and related information and schedules which are included in SEC filings.
- Monitor and assess the impact of FASB, EITF and SEC newly released financial accounting regulations and pronouncements and assist in the implementation of accounting and reporting related to new pronouncements.
- Interface with Company management, outside public accountants, corporate accounting, internal accounting, treasury and legal departments on an as needed basis.
- Assist in the assessment and review of financial controls.
- Assist in the identification and resolution of technical accounting issues by providing well documented technical accounting guidance and recommendations to management.
- Provide leadership in the development and improvement of the Company's global accounting policy and procedures.
- Review disclosures of various public companies for reporting practices and improvements to Company disclosures.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly analytics provided to senior management
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required;
- 3 to 5 years experience, preferably in a corporate environment;
- Public accounting experience is required;
- CPA license or working towards is preferred;
- Strong work ethic;
- Very well organized, detail oriented, will need to track own progress on a number of monthly tasks;
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Good technical PC skills-Word and Excel a must.
$90K plus 10%
Please email Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org