Account for and perform month-end close procedures for: fixed assets, capital leases, debt, intangibles, and allocations
- Record the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible) in accordance with company policy. Ensure compliance with technical accounting requirements related to lease accounting, asset capitalization, depreciation methodology, impairment recognition, etc.
- Track existing fixed assets and periodically substantiate recorded balances via physical inventories and/or confirmations.
- Calculate and record depletion, depreciation and amortization; Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets. Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation. Preparation of monthly depreciation expense.
- Conduct periodic impairment reviews for intangible assets.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquiries. Prepare and file property tax returns
- Track company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and management authorizations
- Set up and review CAPEX workbooks
- Work with Tax Department to ensure tax records are adequate
- Special projects as assigned