QA Tester- Selenium
- San Francisco, CA
ClientSolv Technologies is an IT solution firm with over a decade of experience serving Fortune 1000 companies, public sector and small to medium sized companies. ClientSolv Technologies is a woman-owned and operated company that is certified as a WMBE, 8a firm by the Federal government's Small Business Administration.
We have an immediate opening for a Software Test Engineer on the Integration team. The Software Test Engineer verifies integration readiness and software performance using current test methodologies including both automated and manual testing. The candidate will convert behavior based functional requirements and technical requirements into comprehensive test scripts to be executed in an integration environment. This role is responsible for maintaining defects and collaborating with development staff to resolve issues.
· Define integration testing scenarios for a three tier web based application and an enterprise bus interface.
· Identify and prepare input data for integration testing.
· Perform and report on various types of tests - functional, integration, system, regression and performance.
· Automate tests using industry standard automation tools like Selenium.
· Verifies test results using database queries or use assertions for UI data.
· Manage and update test scripts as new functionality is added.
· Manage defects by recording, reporting, analyzing, and tracking defects to resolution
· Provide software testing status information with which management can make informed quality decisions about an application under test.
· Participates in requirements gathering sessions and converts requirements into comprehensive test scripts
· Identifies and documents testing strategies and approaches
· Organizes and performs various types of testing to include functional, integration, system, regression, and/or performance
· Plans and estimates testing efforts in collaboration with project management
· Recommends and implements process improvement practices
· Designs and maintains testing process documentation, plans, and strategies
· Analyzes testing processes and identifies opportunities for improvement
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
· 4+ years’ experience with software testing 2+ years’ experience with manual software testing
· 2+ years of automated software testing
· Knowledge and experience using various automated testing tools that include but are not limited to: Selenium WebDriver (required), Firepath and Firebug
· Experience with Java programming and Eclipse IDE
· Experience with database tools like SQL Developer or TOAD
· Experience with relational databases and writing SQL queries
· Experience developing and executing test cases
· Experience with testing batch processes
· Must demonstrate knowledge of fundamental testing principles, concepts and techniques and have experience recording defects in defect tracking software
· Experience evaluating and recommending testing tools and techniques. Perform the administration of testing tools
· Strong team player and self-starter
· Detail oriented and strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal, analytical, and customer service skills
· May require occasional extended hours for testing new systems, problem resolution, and completion of priority projects
· May require occasional overnight travel for participation in requirements gathering sessions or development planning sessions
· Working knowledge of current environments and platforms
· Knowledge and experience with SDLC (strongly preferred)
This is an 18 month+ contract opportunity in San Francisco, CA. This position will require an in depth background investigation. US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.