- Fairfield, CA
ClientSolv Technologies is an IT solution firm with over a decade of experience serving Fortune 1000 companies, public sector and small to medium sized companies. ClientSolv Technologies is a woman-owned and operated company that is certified as a WMBE, 8a firm by the Federal government's Small Business Administration.
We are seeking a Database Developer to design, develop, configure, and document our Client's core software applications and provide technical and problem resolution support to the IT department and the users.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of our Client’s systems.
- Uses various resources to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Analyzes configuration to be sure it is efficient in design and functionality.
- Tests, schedules, and implements new releases and upgrades of software.
- Tests, schedules, and implements interface changes to systems when needed.
- Assists other programming staff with design and testing methodologies.
- Uses sound technical judgment and makes appropriate system decisions.
- Assists in development of policies and procedures to document new and changed elements of related operations.
- Assures documentation is complete.
- UNIX scripting, SQL, PL/SQL, and other utilities within and outside of UNIX scripting.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other assigned or needed activities required to assure success of the Systems.
- Develops team’s role and to support other work of the IT department.
- Participates in special projects as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; minimum four (4) years experience as a software developer; healthcare experience highly preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special Skills, Licenses and Certifications
Knowledge of one or more of the following: UNIX, ORACLE, Micro Focus COBOL, SQL, PL/SQL, Powerhouse, SUPRTOOL. Understanding of systems and related systems interfaces and how changes impact other various packages within the overall system. Working knowledge of Active Batch is a plus and desirable.
Performance Based Competencies
Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to interpret and understand technical requirements; excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills; resolve system problems; able to develop procedures to automate jobs and to document extensively and clearly.
This is a contract-to-hire opportunity located in Fairfield, CA.