Sr. QA Strategist / Project Director
- Markham, Canada
Cloudpipe software development & testing service provides a comprehensive innovative solution across the development & testing life cycle. Our services provide both development and quality assurance solutions covering enterprise applications, products, packages, and mobile devices.
Envision yourself working alongside the best banking talent the industry has to offer in a rewarding and stimulating environment. Well that is our client’s environment, and our consulting environment is even more exciting because you will be working with a team of entrepreneurial consultants who are QA and Testing fanatics…
The Senior QA Strategist/Project Director, is responsible for the implementation of business transition and delivery through project and program management, QA and Release Management. The hands-on incumbent oversees the service transition and service operations processes by implementing and developing a change management process to ensure that standardized methods and procedures are used to efficiently handle all deliveries and support to our clients business.
We are currently looking for a seasoned manager with hands-on experience to support and manage Cloudpipe’s banking client by leading Project Managers, Quality Assurance Analysts and Release management, Infrastructure and Support teams.
• The Sr QA Strategist/Project Director will manage Project Managers, Quality Assurance Analysts, Release Managers and Infrastructure teams to overcome constraints on the delivery of projects within the program
• Establish program plans/goals/objectives including process improvements and effective/consistent use of project planning and QA software/tools, success criteria, metrics, staff development, risks, training, resource requirements and budgets to meet the overall business objectives
• Participation in new RFP’s and Tenders to create project plans, facilitate and support established gate reviews; Responsible for reviewing/reconciling the Projects P&L’ s and communicating to the Operational and IT Directors for any variances
• Implement effective Risk Management processes and systems for use by the PMO and communicate these to the banking community as required
• Act as the key project interface with external customers on major projects, particularly in cases of issue escalation, and interact with cross-functional internal teams as necessary to assure effective execution of all the projects in the business
• Lead project/deliverable review meetings with PM’s, SME’s and monthly project review meetings with senior management (facilitating and chairing project dashboard review meetings with Management);
• Ensuring effective hand-over to Operations and Supportability (development, deployment and support)
• Managing all transition services and overseeing all change management and QA processes
• Participation in recruitment, on boarding and performance reviews of the team members
• Driving initiatives within the management team and across the organization that will contribute to long-term operational excellence
• 10+ years' experience managing Full Life Cycle Solution Delivery and QA projects in a Banking environment
• Demonstrated experience in setting up and applying project control processes and running a functional program; combined with the ability to manage large projects with experience in QA and system design, project planning/execution, development of processes/procedures, and systems integration
• Previous experience in ITIL Process Design and Implementation
• Efficient implementation of Release Management, Incident Management and Problem Management Tools and Methodologies (Service Now would be ideal)
• Excellent understanding of QA technologies and components (HPQC, Selenium, QTP, Rational, Visual Studio Test Manager, etc)
• Ability to efficiently anticipate problems and initiate corrective action
• Must be a flexible self-starter who can ramp up with new requirements quickly and can adapt to a growing and evolving team
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to develop processes and methodologies
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Excellent work ethic, dependable and responsible
• Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
This is a eight-month contract position with possibility of further renewals.