Advisory Application Developer - Tandem/TAL
- Markham, Canada
Cloudpipe software development & testing service provides a comprehensive innovative solution across the development & testing life cycle. Our services provide both development and quality assurance solutions covering enterprise applications, products, packages, and mobile devices.
Business Unit Description:
Technology: responsible for the delivery of technology in support of all businesses and customers. Directly aligns to the client’s businesses, with a technology team for each business. Delivers world class solutions in support of business strategies, through a combination of in-house systems development and working with leading technology partners. This group also manages core computing facilities, telecommunications and networks globally.
Plans, delivers and supports end-to-end technology solutions for the various distribution channels and full range of products that service all Retail clients: Retail Branch network, Internet Banking, Mobile Automated Banking Machines (ABM's), telephone banking, credit products, GICs, Deposit Accounts, Global Payments and Wealth Management/Investment Products.
As an Advisory Application Developer, you will be expected to lead the technical design, development and integration of cross-functional projects primarily using applications on the HP NonStop platform.
The focus of the group is HP NonStop technologies for financial transaction acquiring/authorization. Within the team this role is specifically focused on design , development and test of solutions using the Base24 application. The candidate will be expected to provide leadership through the phases of the project life cycle, working with or leading a small development team on the base24-remote banking, abm, pos applications. The candidate will also be expected to provide leadership and support in project and support responsibilities. The candidate will be expected to have previous experience leading small teams or working independently as well as having a proven design and development background.
Purpose of Job:
Lead the technical design, development and integration of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems.
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interface with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs.
- Provide estimates for assigned work packages to support the development of time tables and project plans; analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Ensure that expected application performance levels are achieved.
- Coordinate coding, testing , implementation, integration and documentation of solution. Develop program specifications.
- Perform complex applications programming activities. Code, test, debug, document, maintain, and modify complex applications programs.
Extensive Work Experience:
- Managing Multiple Priorities--Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups or activities. effective judgment in prioritizing and time allocation.
- Application Delivery Process--Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, formal methodologies and disciplines for delivering new or enhanced.
- Presentations--Ability to present information to groups with the appropriate degree of formality.
- Interpersonal Relationships--Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for working with individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Consulting--Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques and roles and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients within and outside own area.
- Conflict Management--Knowledge of tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing and effectively dealing with existing or potential conflicts at the individual, group or situation level.
- Decision Making and Critical Thinking--Knowledge of tools and techniques for effective use of a broad range of factors, assumptions, frameworks and perspectives when solving problems.
- Team Management and Team Building--Ability to form, build and manage effective teams.
- Relationship Management--Ability to establish and build healthy working relations and partnerships with clients, vendors and peers
- Analyzing project and/or technical risk, using available information, to support business recommendations.
Analyzing business and/ or client processes and practices to identify and recommend opportunities for enhancement.
- Interacting with end users and business analysts to gather requirements and prepare design specifications, conducting impact analysis and provide feedback on problems and recommends solutions.
- Maintaining an understanding of current project management tools and methods to develop project plans based on the appropriate standards and methodology.
- Acting as a team lead for a small team and/or technical solution provider (subject matter expert) for complex application problems.
- Providing solutions that potentially impact other dependent projects and applications and the quality of deliverables.
- Ensuring that errors are detected to avoid production outages and wrong business decision-making process/regulatory reporting.
- May have people management responsibilities (e.g., PMM) for small teams of 3 - 5.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Requires carrying a pager.
- May be on call 24 / 7 depending on application supported.
- Tandem NonStop development (TAL) - 7 years
- Team Lead - 3 years
- Design - 3 years
- NonStop Platform - 5 years
Please apply only through our Careers Page