Sr. Software Engineer - Java
- Portland, OR
Who We Are:
We're a Portland startup who is getting lots of buzz and growing quickly. We're a small team who work closely together, we move fast, and we enjoy what we do. We're evangelical about the cloud. Over 5000 companies use our platform. Come join the fun and build something big with us.
- Build scalable back-end services capable of handling petabytes of data
- Write Java (and Ruby) code to create features for our platform
- Develop efficient, testable and well-documented code
- Identify and troubleshoot problems
- Understanding of key service oriented design principles
- 5+ years coding in Java
- Hadoop MapReduce and HBase experience a plus
- Relational database management and SQL expertise
- Expereince using AWS services like RDS, EMR and S3
- Comfortable with git
What we're offering:
- A competitive full-time salary and stock options. We want you to be excited to be a part of a startup, not starve.
- Fully paid health care, dental and vision insurance for you and your family.
- Optional FSA debit card to cover non-standard medical expenses.
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Paid Holidays
- Friday Happy Hour and other fun company events
When applying, please include links to things you have built or commits to open source projects where you have contributed code with samples when possible.