Build and Release Engineer
- Germantown, MD
Cobb Systems Group, LLC is a technology-based, minority-owned product and solutions firm that delivers business strategy and technology consultation, solutions implementation, and talent acquisition to public, private, and non-profit entities.
Cobb Systems Group is looking for an experienced Build and Release Engineer. We are seeking a talented individual who will coordinate and manage multiple, complex application releases across different software platforms and support a highly scale-able operating environment on the Amazon Web Services EC2 cloud platform.
- Coordinate and manage multiple, complex application releases across different software platforms.
- Oversee SCM process, recommend and manage supporting tools/framework
- Track and communicate release milestones and related dependencies
- Determines the readiness of each Release in coordination with QA based on release criteria including management of the approvals process and assessing potential impacts of releases
- Manage and coordinate Build and Release Management activities, release branches/streams
- Implement and manage Automated Deployment Capability
- Implement and manage Continuous Integration Capability
- Work with developers, QA teams, and product managers to ensure releases are delivered with a repeatable and auditable process.
- Identifies, tracks and drives Release level issues & risks to closure
- Define, implement and enforce strong software build, deployment and configuration management processes for development, testing, and production systems
- Make recommendations on specific aspects of Build and Deployment and continuously strive towards improvements in process and productivity through technology improvements.
- Perform day-to-day project tasks needed to automate and deploy release through test environments.
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Five years combined experience in software development, build/release engineering and software configuration management with at least two years in a build or configuration management role
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft BackOffice technologies including MS SQL Server, Windows Server, Internet Information Server (IIS), Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Experience with the release management role, Microsoft Operations Framework, or ITIL concepts required
- Demonstrated experience implementing and managing an Automated Deployment and Continuous Integration Environment
- Experience with Inedo’s BuildMaster a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services a plus
- Experience with Windows PowerShell a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.