Mobile Test Engineer
- San Jose, CA
Cobb Systems Group, LLC is a technology-based, minority-owned product and solutions firm that delivers business strategy and technology consultation, solutions implementation, and talent acquisition to public, private, and non-profit entities.
Cobb Systems Group seeks an Mobile Test Engineer in San Jose, CA that will test leading-edge mobile solutions for scientific computing. The ideal candidate will love to test mobile experiences and advocate for the best possible end user experience. You will test mobile applications that are downloaded by millions of users.
- Test iOS and Android mobile applications, manually and using automation test frameworks
- Understand and apply mobile test frameworks, tools and automation to provide comprehensive test coverage in multiple dimensions
- Define, implement and maintain test plans, test specifications and test suites
- Experience in mobile testing and automation (UIAutomation, Robotium etc) preferred. Help create automated test beds and back-end test databases to drive test frameworks
- Build comprehensive test suites that cover unit test, functional test, system test with effective automation at all steps
- Work closely with the application developers to build useful unit tests
- Troubleshoot issues down to the root cause and provide detailed bug reports
- Identify project risks and be able to provide alternatives for reducing risk
- Communicate status and escalate issues in a timely fashion
- BS or an equivalent combination of experience, training and education
- 7+ years of experience writing and executing QA test plans for software products
- Proficiency in a programming language (Objective-C and/or Java)
- Strong knowledge in testing and automation paradigms on mobile devices
- Some experience with mobile automation tools such as Monkey Runnner, Robotium, Appium, etc.
- Knowledge in Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins/Hudson or CruiseControl is preferred
- Extensive experience testing on different mobile devices and web applications
- Hands-on experience using protocol analyzers to troubleshoot networking issues
- Strong agile/scrum background and experience with continuous integration
- Work on multiple projects concurrently
- Strong logical, analytical, and troubleshooting skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for testing mobile devices and applications
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.