Business Systems and Application Support Analyst
- Rockville, MD
Cobb Systems Group, LLC is a technology-based, minority-owned product and solutions firm that delivers business strategy and technology consultation, solutions implementation, and talent acquisition to public, private, and non-profit entities.
Cobb Systems Group is seeking a talented professional to work in a consulting capacity as a Business Systems and Application Support Analyst for Investment Management Compliance. Reporting to the director of information technology for investment management, the business systems analyst identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves Charles River Development (CRD) post-trade and regulatory compliance data and processing issues. The analyst also performs analysis, specification, testing, and documentation for related IT initiatives.
Location: Rockville, MD or New York City, NY.
Hours: Standard hours, 8:30-5:30 ET.
Assignment: 6-month contract.
1. Support CRD compliance processes for:
- 185 open-end mutual funds, closed-end funds, exchange-traded funds, and variable insurance products.
- 5 investment teams.
- 2,800 automated tests.
- Various equity, fixed-income, and derivative instruments.
- Active, passive, and quantitative investment strategies.
2. Proactively monitor CRD and related technologies around critical timeframes to ensure that data loads
3. complete and that reports are released as expected.
4. Troubleshoot and resolve issues in data file transfer, load, and accuracy. Examples:
- Re-trigger configured processes.
- Drop files into polling locations.
- Scrub data.
- Run queries.
- Coordinate with third-parties.
5. Analyze business needs and document requirements for various initiatives, which may include migrating compliance testing to a separate CRD database; automating file imports; creating internal combined industry classifications for market data; and enhancing fund and securities on boarding and maintenance processes.
6. Prepare troubleshooting checklists, operating procedures, test cases, incident analyses, and other technical documents supporting projects and operations.
7. Liaise with investment management, the middle office, compliance, fund accounting, and technology to complete projects, enhance systems, reduce data exceptions, and maintain continuity of operations.
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, or technology-related program of study.
- Minimum 5 years of technology experience in the context of financial services / asset management.
- 2 years compliance- or audit-related work, ideally involving CRD compliance.
- Strong process troubleshooting and data analysis / stewardship skills.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment with distributed teams.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to interact with all work disciplines and levels.
- Service mindset.
- Experience with Bloomberg and other market data sources.
- Software programming, configuration, and report writing experience, especially with SQL, Biztalk, or Business Objects.
- Bloomberg terminal experience.
- Familiarity with fixed income, loans, and various derivative securities.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.