Business Development Manager
- DC Metro Area, DC Metro Area, DC, United States
- Office: Fulton, MD
- Department: Marketing
You could choose to work anywhere, so why work at Coffman Engineers? Because we are different – our culture sets us apart. Simply stated, we are a group of creative, high-performing people who like working together and believe that what we do makes a difference. Our culture isn’t the only thing that makes us different, but it drives everything we do.
Coffman offers a fun and collaborative environment, professional development, and community opportunities. We support and encourage individually tailored professional and technical advancement, as well as personal growth. Just 20 minutes from the University of Maryland campus, our DC Metro office is located in an engaging and growing area. We make it a priority to find time to spend together, either in the office or out, building a stronger relationship to benefit our team goals. Join us.
Do you thrive on the unique challenges involved with growing an office? Do you have a thorough understanding of the A/E/C marketplace? Are you able to leverage your network to build and join winning teams? Then we want to hear from you!
Coffman Engineers is looking for the right person to fill the unique, many-hats-wearing role of Southeast Region’s Business Development Manager. The right person for this position will have a sense of urgency and persistence, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, the ability to grow and maintain a network, and an understanding of A/E/C industry terminology and processes. The selected candidate will be based in either our D.C. Metro or Raleigh office location and will be responsible for overseeing the business development for the D.C. Metro, Atlanta, and Raleigh offices while collaborating with other Southeast and companywide BD and marketing staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Seek business opportunities for firm.
- May make commitments for firm with direction.
- Spend majority of time outside the firm making contacts.
- Travel will be required.
- Track BD opportunities via CRM.
- Research and gather information on potential clients and projects.
- Schedule meetings with new/existing clients to discover project information.
- Develop and maintain strong business network.
- Participate in client organizations.
- Work with technical staff to develop proposals and scopes.
- Actively involved in relevant professional and community organizations.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge of A/E/C industry marketing fundamentals as well as terminology and delivery methods.
- Mentoring/teaching and leadership/managerial skills may be required.
- Must be a self-starter who is able to see the big picture and connect the vision of the company with his/her job, be persistent, and follow through in a consistent manner.
- Highly competent in marketing theory and practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of firm’s practice, clientele, goals, policies, and procedures.
- Passionate about the client or pursuit and takes ownership of his/her work.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess strong critical thinking, organizational, and analytical abilities.
- Maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Adobe InDesign required. Must understand database concepts.
- Able to work independently, as a team member, and as a team leader.
- Strong organizational ability; detail oriented; high degree of accuracy.
- Must work well under pressure.
- Positive contributor to overall office and department goals, culture, and morale.
- B.S. degree in related field preferred.
- 10 to 15 years of professional A/E/C marketing experience preferred.
Why You Want to Work Here
You could choose to work anywhere, so why work at Coffman Engineers? Because we are different – our culture sets us apart. Simply stated, we are a group of creative, high-performing people who like working together and believe that what we do makes a difference. Employees say that it feels like working with a group of friends in a small office while enjoying the benefits and perks of working for a large firm. Our culture isn’t the only thing that makes us different, but it drives everything we do.
Coffman offers comprehensive benefits, including a flexible PTO program and a fun environment with family-friendly policies. We support and encourage individually tailored professional and technical advancement as well as personal growth.
Don’t take our word for it. Check out what others are saying: http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Coffman-Engineers-Reviews-E409809.htm
Coffman at a Glance:
- 41 years in business
- 550+ employees serving clients throughout the U.S. and overseas from more than 16 locations
- Multi-discipline engineering services plus corrosion control, commissioning and project/construction management
- #27 Top 80 Engineering Firms, Building Design+Construction, 2019
- #42 Zweig Group Hot Firm List, Zweig Group, 2020
- #164 Top 500 Design Firms, Engineering News-Record, 2020
You must apply online for this position. If you are unable to complete our online application process, or if you need assistance to do so, let us know so we can provide a reasonable accommodation.
If you are experiencing problems applying through our system, please try again using a different browser or an updated version of your current browser. If that doesn't work, please contact us directly.
This position is direct with Coffman Engineers; we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled individuals.