Fire Protection Engineering Intern (Pre-college)
- Department: Fire Protection
- Office: San Diego, CA
At Coffman Engineers, we serve as both prime consultant and sub consultant on projects large and small, including commercial, retail, institutional, government, industrial, and project/construction management. Incorporated in 1979, we have employees in more than 20 locations serving clients across the United States and overseas.
To meet client objectives and to integrate our many disciplines, we can create teams comprised of civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, fire protection, and corrosion control, as well as project/construction managers and professionals in a variety of specialty services. This ability has made us a leader in the engineering and construction communities, and has strengthened our reputation as being progressive, innovative, and a great place to work.
We are seeking a dynamic, innovative, and quality-oriented individual with an interest in engineering to join our team as a Fire Protection Engineering Intern for the summer of 2023. The ideal candidate will have participated in a minimum of one internship within a fire protection, mechanical, or electrical engineering program.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent prior to the summer of 2023.
- Participated in a minimum of one internship within the Engineering field.
- Be enrolled for the 2023-2024 school year as a full-time student in a fire protection engineering program at a nationally recognized, accredited college.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail orientated and organized.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit or Bluebeam.
Expected hourly rate $16.30.
Sponsorship not available for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates
At this time, Coffman Engineers is subject to various state and client COVID-19 vaccination mandates in order to work on certain projects. In addition, there are two federal mandates pending which are under review by the United States legal system. If either mandate is implemented, it would impact Coffman employees.
Therefore, we will ask you about your COVID-19 vaccination status upon hire. If you choose not to be vaccinated for COVID-19, or request and are denied a medical or religious exemption, or we are unable to accommodate you even with an approved exemption, or you do not wish to inform us of your COVID-19 vaccination status, our ability to continue your employment may be impacted.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time of transition in our country. If you have any questions about these mandates or any other questions generated by this message, please contact the HR Representative with whom you have been working.
Why You Want to Work Here
You could choose to work anywhere, so why work at Coffman Engineers? Because we are different – our culture sets us apart. Simply stated, we are a group of creative, high-performing people who like working together and believe that what we do makes a difference. Employees say that it feels like working with a group of friends in a small office while enjoying the benefits and perks of working for a large firm. Our culture isn’t the only thing that makes us different, but it drives everything we do.
Coffman offers comprehensive benefits, including a flexible PTO program and a fun office environment. With our warm climate there are numerous things to do in San Diego; we are located near many art galleries, museums, gardens and the renowned San Diego Zoo. We welcome the dedicated and the driven to join us.
Don’t take our word for it. Check out what others are saying:
Coffman at a Glance:
- 43 years in business
- 650+ employees serving clients throughout the U.S. and overseas from more than 20 locations
- Multi-discipline engineering services plus corrosion control, commissioning and project/construction management
- #27 Top 80 Engineering Firms, Building Design+Construction, 2019
- #29 Zweig Group Hot Firm List, Zweig Group, 2021
- #157 Top 500 Design Firms, Engineering News-Record, 2022
- #1 Top Workplace (Small), The San Diego Union-Tribune, 2020
- #4 Best Places to Work (Large), San Diego Business Journal, 2021
- #8 “The List” for Engineering Firms, San Diego Business Journal, 2021
You must apply online for this position. If you are unable to complete our online application process, or if you need assistance to do so, let us know so we can provide a reasonable accommodation.
If you are experiencing problems applying through our system, please try again using a different browser or an updated version of your current browser. If that doesn't work, please contact us directly.
This position is direct with Coffman Engineers; we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled individuals.