Land Development Civil Engineer (3-10 Years)
- Department: Civil
- Office: Seattle, WA
At Coffman Engineers, we serve as both prime consultant and sub consultant on projects large and small, including commercial, retail, institutional, government, industrial, and project/construction management. Incorporated in 1979, we have employees in more than 20 locations serving clients across the United States and overseas.
To meet client objectives and to integrate our many disciplines, we can create teams comprised of civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, fire protection, and corrosion control, as well as project/construction managers and professionals in a variety of specialty services. This ability has made us a leader in the engineering and construction communities, and has strengthened our reputation as being progressive, innovative, and a great place to work.
The right team is more than an advantage, it’s a game changer! Do you strive to work with a highly skilled and collaborative team? Come work with a team of engineering professionals dedicated to excellence at Coffman Engineers’ Seattle office.
Coffman Engineers is seeking a Land Development Civil Engineer with three to ten years of experience to design residential, commercial, institutional, military and industrial sites for our Seattle office. This position provides the opportunity for career advancement, technical mentorship, learning how to develop new business relationships, and develop you as an engineering professional. Our Seattle team often works with Coffman offices from around the country which helps to offer a wide variety of interesting projects, including international projects. Every day is a new adventure! The successful candidate will be an outgoing, enthusiastic self-starter and likes to have fun while at work!
- Bachelor of Science in civil engineering
- Registration as an E.I.T. or P.E. in the State of Washington
- 3+ years of experience in civil design
- Experience and/or interest in general site engineering including creating conceptual plans, preparing construction plans, working with senior civil engineers, collaborating with other engineering disciplines and architects, visiting construction sites, and providing technical tasks during design and construction
- Technical work expected is land development oriented including project management, multidiscipline coordination, site layouts, grading plans, stormwater management facilities, water quality, and site utilities. Experience with public utility projects and/or Seattle Area experience will be looked upon favorably.
- Experience obtaining zoning entitlements and permit procurement is a plus
- AutoCAD (2018 or newer) is preferred
- Civil 3D is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The motivation to learn the latest technologies and practices to enhance your professional career
- You will have the opportunity to interface with architects and project owners
Expected annual salary of $80,000 - $110,000.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship
Why You Want To Work Here
You could choose to work anywhere, so why work at Coffman Engineers? Because we believe our culture of excellence, unique business model, and employees set us apart. Simply stated, we are a group of creative, high-performing people who like working together and who believe that what we do makes a difference. Employees say it feels like working with a group of friends in a small office while enjoying the benefits and perks of working for a large firm. Our culture isn’t the only thing that makes us different, but it drives everything we do.
Coffman offers comprehensive benefits, a flexible PTO program, supportive office environment, professional development opportunities, and regular employee activities (breakfast, wellness activities BBQs, and various social and community activities). But the best part of working at Coffman is being in an environment that allows you to be yourself, be respected, and work alongside other intelligent, motivated people, while you impact the built environment around you! Coffman’ Seattle office is located in a newly renovated office space close to convenient transportation options, the historic Pike Place Market, and all that downtown and the waterfront has to offer.
Don’t take our word for it. Check out what others are saying:
Coffman At A Glance:
- 43 years in business
- 650+ employees serving clients throughout the U.S. and overseas from more than 20 locations
- Multi-discipline engineering services plus corrosion control, commissioning and project/construction management
- #27 Top 80 Engineering Firms, Building Design+Construction, 2019
- #29 Zweig Group Hot Firm List, Zweig Group, 2021
- #157 Top 500 Design Firms, Engineering News-Record, 2022
You must apply online for this position. If you are unable to complete our online application process, or if you need assistance to do so, let us know so we can provide a reasonable accommodation.
If you are experiencing problems applying through our system, please try again using a different browser or an updated version of your current browser. If that doesn't work, please contact us directly.
This position is direct with Coffman Engineers; we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled individuals.