Health Information Specialist
- Saint Paul, MN
Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties (Community Action) was established in 1964 as a program of the War on Poverty. Community Action Agencies became the service delivery arm of the Federal Office of Economic Opportunity. As the only continuously funded anti-poverty program in the country, our mission is to reduce poverty and its impact on people in Ramsey and Washington counties.
Under the direction of the Health Services Coordinator, this position is responsible for obtaining and tracking medical and dental information for Head Start children. Responsibilities include entering and tracking data in a complex database, maintaining participant files, reviewing enrollee health status, and coordinating with health care providers, families and staff to ensure required health information is obtained and is in accordance with applicable program requirements.
Essential Functions (Not All Inclusive)
- Maintain health related data including children’s immunization records, dental exam records, physical exam records, and other health documentation in accordance with program requirements.
- Review enrollee health status and follow-up with medical/dental providers and families to ensure children are current with required check-ups.
- Review enrollee files to ensure that all health/dental required documentation is up-to-date and accurate.
- Coordinate with families, staff and providers to obtain missing or incomplete health information.
- Advocate for Head Start families by acting as a liaison between families and their medical and dental providers.
- Enter and track data utilizing the designated database system and compile reports as requested.
- Provide health related training as directed.
- Spanish, Somali, and Karen Bilingual Ability Preferred
- AA Degree in Human Services or Behavioral Sciences or related degree and 2 years of experience working with children and/or families in diverse communities, or an equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to relate to and communicate effectively with a variety of multi-ethnic and socio-economic groups and/or individuals.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook).
- Must be able to navigate and enter data in a complex database.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Valid driver’s license & reliable transportation on a daily basis is required.
- Must have knowledge of community resources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Knowledge of Head Start is preferred.
- Experience with child care subsidies preferred.
Job Posting Dates:
February 14, 2013 - until filled
Monday – Friday, 40 hours/week, Full-year
Spanish, Somail & Karen Preferred
$14.50/hour - bilingual rate