- Saint Paul, MN
Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties (Community Action) was established in 1964 as a program of the War on Poverty. Community Action Agencies became the service delivery arm of the Federal Office of Economic Opportunity. As the only continuously funded anti-poverty program in the country, our mission is to reduce poverty and its impact on people in Ramsey and Washington counties.
Under the supervision of the Transportation Coordinator or Center Manager, this position is responsible for transporting children to and from assigned locations, performing daily inspections and minor maintenance requirements, and delivering food and/or supplies as required.
Essential Functions (Not All Inclusive)
- Transport children to and from assigned center and on field trips.
- Maintain and update daily routes, student roster, authorized escorts, chain of custody log and emergency information for each student assigned to bus route.
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections according to DOT regulations; report defects and major mechanical difficulties to Transportation Technician.
- Perform minor maintenance and repairs such as replacing fuses, bulbs, lenses, mirrors, etc. Must maintain cleanliness of bus interior.
- Deliver food and supplies daily.
- Assist with food service to classrooms at all centers.
- Assist teachers in the classrooms; monitor children on the playground and/or play areas.
- Perform miscellaneous duties such as delivering inter-office mail/correspondence, answering phones, miscellaneous office duties and conducting follow-up phone calls.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with passenger or school bus endorsement.
- No major driving violations and no more than two minor violations in the past five years.
- Clean driving records are preferred.
- One-year experience as a professional driver or driving a large vehicle
- Must be able to successfully pass Head Start pre-placement physical and Department of Transportation (DOT) medical examination (including ongoing random drug and alcohol screening).
- Reliable transportation on a daily basis is required.
- Experience transporting young children beneficial.
- Must be able to work with children and individuals of various ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Must be able to lift 55 pounds safely, possess good physical mobility and dexterity and be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work split shifts.
Job Posting Dates:
February 22, 2013 - until filled
Monday – Thursday, 34 hours/week, seasonal (9 months/year)
$12.91/hour - bilingual rate
Community Action offers an excellent benefits package, including health, dental, life insurance, 403(b) retirement account, generous vacation/pto policy, and employee discount programs.