Administrative Assistant II
- Saint Paul, MN
Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties (Community Action) was established in 1964 as a program of the War on Poverty. Community Action Agencies became the service delivery arm of the Federal Office of Economic Opportunity. As the only continuously funded anti-poverty program in the country, our mission is to reduce poverty and its impact on people in Ramsey and Washington counties.
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Head Start, this position is responsible for performing all aspects of administrative support including, scheduling, copying, filing, recording meeting minutes, answering phones, customer service, word processing, data entry, developing or reviewing reports related to program results or budgets, and coordinating administrative support projects.
Essential Functions (Not All Inclusive)
- Organize and maintain files and reports.
- Compose and distribute correspondence for signatures as assigned.
- Type and compile weekly/monthly reports for review.
- Assist with researching, developing, and drafting special reports and proposals; track said reports
- Assist Supervisors with special assignments.
- Handle, read, prioritize and distribute Supervisor’s incoming mail in an effective and efficient manner.
- Design and produce forms, charts, tracking systems, etc. from compiled and calculated information to meet changing needs of the department.
- Record, transcribe and distribute meeting/events minutes/reports.
- Distribute departmental communication, by hand, by telephone, by fax machine, by e-mail, and by Internet, as necessary.
- Manage the phone system. Receive, evaluate and respond timely and appropriately to requests or inquiries.
- Assist staff with researching, developing, drafting and editing of other informative communication materials.
- Maintain coordinator/staff calendars
- Schedule appointments, meetings and other events. Obtain event location, refreshments (if necessary) and send notices to the selected parties.
- Prepare reports, tracking materials and other office records.
- Enter data into database.
- Maintain up-to-date mailing lists and phone numbers of clients or contractors.
- Prepare, type, and proofread documents as requested.
- Order and monitor staff supplies.
- Maintain office equipment, schedule maintenance as needed.
- Associate's degree in an administrative support field and 1 year of experience in an administrative support role including customer service, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Experience with non-profit agencies and social service resources preferred.
- Requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written, organizational skills, both analytical and problem solving, and the ability to work with confidential documents
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 words per minute
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), email, and internet use
- Knowledge of desktop publishing, spreadsheets, and mail merges preferred
- Ability to coordinate completion of many high priority projects, often simultaneously.
- Facilitate assignments through research, development and personal implementation with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently while being a member of the administrative team.
- Ability to effectively relate and communicate to people of varying multi-ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds
Administrative Assistant II
Job Posting Dates:
November 6, 2013 - November 15, 2013
Monday – Friday, 40 hours/week
Community Action offers an excellent benefits package, including health, dental, life insurance, 403(b) retirement account, generous vacation/pto policy, and employee discount programs.