Program Director - Community Engagement
- Saint Paul, MN
Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties (Community Action) was established in 1964 as a program of the War on Poverty. Community Action Agencies became the service delivery arm of the Federal Office of Economic Opportunity. As the only continuously funded anti-poverty program in the country, our mission is to mobilize community resources to reduce poverty.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Director of Community Engagement is responsible for managing the daily program and long-term administration of the Community Engagement programs including the development and delivery of services, the assignment of projects, and the supervision of staff. The Director of Community Engagement develops effective community partnerships, advocates for participants and employees and works collaboratively to achieve the mission of Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties.
Essential Functions (Not All Inclusive)
- Oversee the day-to-day-operations of Community Engagement programs and staff.
- Manage the provision of department programming including the establishment of program objectives, and the coordination and evaluation of department programs, policies and procedures.
- Establish action plans, implement, monitor and evaluate all department programs to ensure program goals and outcomes and ensure collaboration between department and agency programs.
- Ensure processes are in place to determine program eligibility requirements for participants. Develop and maintain systems to ensure the security and confidentiality of participant data and records in accordance with applicable regulations and policies.
- Identify and anticipate the needs of participants and integrate the participant, stakeholder and partner needs and expectations into the development and delivery of Community Engagement programs and services.
- Facilitate relationships with funding sources and monitor all internal and external department activities to ensure compliance with applicable program regulations, guidelines and funding source requirements.
- Develop community partnerships and identify opportunities for collaborative programming.
- Stay abreast of public policy issues and their effects on the low income community and department programs.
- Analyze and evaluate program and department performance including the development and management of department budgets.
- Maintain budget records and cost benefit analysis information, approve purchases, and make budget adjustments as necessary.
- Monitor department grants and contracts to ensure compliance with grant requirements and the timely submission of grant reports and/or grant renewal.
- Create a positive work environment, supervise department staff and provide on-going feedback about performance.
- Monitor staff’s progress on performance goals and professional development plans.
- Ensure compliance with organization’s policies, collective bargaining agreements, and expectations.
- Facilitate department staff meetings. Provide direction to team members regarding their role and the purpose of the team.
Bachelor's degree in Human Services or a related field with 7 years’ experience in the field or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job, including 5 years of management experience.
Job Posting Dates:
April 15, 2014 - April 29, 2014
$62,612 - $81,395 annually
Community Action offers an excellent benefit package, including health, dental, life insurance, 403(b) retirement account, generous vacation/pto policy, and employee discount programs.