C.A.E. MENTOR/INSTRUCTOR NEEDED IN THE MASSILLON AREA
- Massillon, OH
To provide Stark County area teenagers with hands-on experience in the arts in a professional environment that encourages excellence in learning, performance, and service.
Community Arts Experience, Inc. (C.A.E.) is a 501(c)(3) mentoring arts academy that provides 21st Century Learning skills to Stark County, Ohio youth 7 - 18 years of age. C.A.E. has identified and developed eight focus modules of technical instruction to promote distinctive experiences for youth with various interests’ in careers within the arts community. The modules offered are Music Appreciation, Theatre Arts, Fashion/Graphic Design, Multimedia, Dance, Culinary Arts, Invention-Art, and Business Management. C.A.E.’s goals are to cultivate entrepreneurial thinking, promote social, emotional, and economic development, and create relevant technical experiences in a fun-filled professional environment. C.A.E. has an all encompassing diversified business model – strategically designed to educate students utilizing S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) initiatives in curriculum development based on National and State standards.
C.A.E. is rapidly growing and is currently seeking PROFESSIONAL artists (i.e. musicians, fashion/graphic designers, culinary, dance, and multi-media) to join us in the fight to SAVE and EMPOWER our youth through project-based learning, performance and service.
- Collaborate with instructors in creating service learning programs, including classroom lectures or self-study sessions.
- Develops and updates course content and coordinates learning curriculum.
- Conducts student assessment and analysis to identify new development needs and recommends training methods accordingly.
- May be responsible for the recruiting, interviewing, training, and scheduling of instructors/volunteer workers.
- Maintains in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of the related field.
- Education, Training, and Experience
May require a bachelor's degree, and at least 10 years of experience in the field of arts or related area. Be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Experience in developing curriculum and providing staff development activities.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge in various effective professional development programs; ability to effectively communicate knowledge and skills to other staff; skills to manage the work, set priorities, and evaluate progress toward outcomes; interpersonal skills necessary to work cooperatively and effectively with individuals and groups.
- Must provide current copy of FBI & BCI results.
All personal information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
C.A.E. is an equal opportunity employer