Community Clinic, Inc. (CCI) is a nonprofit, community-based health care agency serving residents of Montgomery and Prince George's counties who are uninsured or under-insured and others. CCI welcomes adults and children in need of primary health care and WIC nutrition education and food supplement services, provided in 11 accessible locations. CCI is committed to your good health and has been serving the community since 1972. Our expert, dedicated and certified staff are well-trained and friendly. If you are looking for a patient-centered medical home, we can offer you a full array of primary care and WIC services to get well and stay healthy.
The Family Practitioner will be responsible under the direction of the Medical Director, delivers primary care commensurate with training and experience to all CCI patients. Delivers care appropriate for an out-patient, primary care community health center with multicultural, multilingual patient population.
Key Functions & Responsibilities:
- Examines, diagnoses and treats patients of all ages; may have a focus on adult medicine.
- Completes medical charts within expected time frames.
- Participates in peer reviews, and performance improvement activities and audits.
- Provides quality medical care according to CCI standards on quality assurance.
- Supervises medical assistants in area of specific support services for patient care delivery.
- Attends all internal provider meetings, committees, as necessary and/or required by CCI.
- Performs all duties and services in full compliance with internal and external requirements.
- May provide supervision for Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners.
- May instruct medical students and/or residents in procedures for diagnosis and treatment of diseases and injuries of adults
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned by Medical Director or Lead Clinician.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of pediatric and adult medicine (including preventive care and acute/chronic disease management).
- Knowledge of the state and federal laws pertaining to medicine and to community health centers.
- Knowledge of the structure and function of community health centers.
- Skill in communicating effectively with patients and their families.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, patients and the general public.
- Computer skills required.
Knowledge/experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) is a plus.
- Must be in possession of a valid license to practice in the State of MD.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of medicine and allied services commensurate with his/her training. Board Certification or appropriate eligibility in Family Medicine is required.
- Demonstrate a special interest in the area of community medicine.
- Ability to speak enough Spanish to examine Spanish-speaking patients and converse on basic level strongly preferred.
- Ability to relate to culturally diverse patients and community.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.