Fiscal Analyst I
- New York, NY
We’re a group of not-for-profit community health centers providing medical, dental and social services in neighborhoods throughout New York City. We provide confidential care to men, women, and children, regardless of citizenship status or ability to pay.
Position Title: FISCAL ANALYST I
Responsible To: Director of General Accounting
Under general supervision of Director of Accounting, scan all checks for deposit, distributes metrocards and assists with expediting purchase order payments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make copies of all checks and scan for deposit weekly.
- Checks all sliding fees submitted for accuracy.
- Compares all credit card receipts with bank statements for accuracy.
- Prepares interest & charges journal entry.
- Prepares Bank reconciliation for the TD Bank account ending 1499.
- Prepares Bio-Reference lab bills for payment.
- Filing of paid vouchers and purchase orders.
- Assists with expediting purchase order payments.
- Distributes client and staff metrocards weekly.
- Prepares client metro card reimbursement for submission to Medicaid monthly.
- Back up for payroll processing.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
B.A. Degree or equivalent in Accounting or Finance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Superior knowledge of spreadsheet applications and familiarity with accounting software applications
- Interest in and conviction of purpose and aims for all programs in the Agency.
- Ability to communicate easily and display a cordial manner towards individuals from a variety of socio-economic, cultural and religious background.