Data Management Analyst
- New York, NY
We’re a group of not-for-profit community health centers providing medical, dental and social services in neighborhoods throughout New York City. We provide confidential care to men, women, and children, regardless of citizenship status or ability to pay.
The Data Management Associate is responsible for assisting in harnessing the data available in our EHR system to improve our clinics’ operations and our patients’ health. The Data Management Analyst plays a key role by extracting data from the EHR and transforming it into intelligent, actionable reports.
The position involves understanding the data needs of agency staff, mastering the intricacies of our EHR system (front-end and back-end), writing complex SQL queries, presenting data in user-friendly ways, and automating reports where possible. In addition to MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server, the data analyst will use a variety of technologies, from Excel to Crystal Reports to COGNOS, as well as some Ruby scripting and other automation tools.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in data analysis, preferably in healthcare
- Excellent logical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to write complex SQL queries
- General computer wizardry and ability to learn new programs quickly
- Expert with one or more of the following: Excel, Crystal, Cognos, or similar reporting tool