- New York, NY
We’re a group of not-for-profit community health centers providing medical, dental and social services in neighborhoods throughout New York City. We provide confidential care to men, women, and children, regardless of citizenship status or ability to pay.
Provides support for the clinical and ancillary service teams to facilitate the introduction, acceptance, integration and use of electronic health records and related systems. Provides application support, workflow integration, training, troubleshooting and consulting on related applications.
- Provides end-user support to promote effective process design, development, and implementation with the organization’s use of Electronic Medical Record including other related system implementations and upgrades.
- Collaborates effectively with users and IT staff to solve application and workflow issues
- Provides troubleshooting and coordinates resolution of technical problems and information technology issues related to the electronic medical record.
- Identify and coordinate new processes, system functionality, system changes, and enhancements to support clinical information, provide optimum productivity, and increase compliance with quality indicators
- Develop processes to promote and communicate the integration of new clinical systems in patient care setting.
- Provide coaching, training and consulting to end-users on all levels to develop and facilitate the learning of applications.
- Assists with the identification, evaluation, and assessment of new care delivery technology, developing recommendations on the impact of integration with existing workflows and systems.
- Assists with implementation of new and improved workflows and processes in clinical applications such as CDSS, templates, order management, medication administration and/or interdisciplinary clinical documentation.
- Coordinates and facilitates projects for implementations including testing, implementation and post-implementation monitoring of adoption and use.
- Develops, implements and maintains continuing education programs for staff pertaining to the electronic health record and related systems; identifies areas that are prone to problems and provides coaching, training, and consulting to increase knowledge and skills.
- Ensures that new or modified clinical information systems maintain patient confidentiality and privacy in accordance with HIPAA and Joint Commission.
- Collaborates with the data department to coordinates data reporting as needed and performs analysis necessary to support patient/clinical records, quality improvement, and departmental decision making
13. Compliance with Employee Health Services.
14. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Three years related experience including Health Care-related application support.
- Experience using and supporting eClinicalWorks or another EHR strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical ability
- Proficient with office suite type applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills
- Interest in and conviction of purpose and aims for all programs in the Agency