- Oshawa, Canada
- We have an immediate opening for a Chef Manager with our Retail Food Service operations at Lakeridge Health in Oshawa.
- We are looking for a results-oriented Chef Manager to take a proactive, hands-on role in managing our retail operations at a high profile healthcare facility.
- The Chef Manager role is a combination of hands-on production and preparation as well as management and administrative responsibilities
- This position reports to the Manager and is responsible for overseeing retail units with approximately 15-20 associates.
With a "Can Do " attitude and a "Passion for Excellence", the Chef Manager is responsible to:
- Lead all phases of food preparation, menu planning and development, operational planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing and maintaining proper inventory levels handling all catering requests.
- Assist the Retail Manager in hiring, employee training, staff scheduling, associate supervising, as well as addressing and resolving employee relation issues.
- The successful candidate participates in client meetings with the Manager to any address questions related to food services issues.
- Ensure positive client relationships and satisfaction
- The position will ensure the unit has strict compliance of the Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regul ations.
- You will ensure HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) standards are followed in the food preparation process.
- The operation runs 7 days per week, evenings and rotating weekends are required.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Great Attitude!
- Formal culinary training plus a minimum of 3 to 5 years related management experience in a fast-paced branded food service environment
- Strong supervisory skills, capable of motivating, leading and developing associates
- Sound knowledge of financial management including ability to control food and labour costs
- Creative ability to apply current QSR food items and presentations to food service operations
- Hard working, results-oriented & hands-on team player
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Willing to accommodate flexible work schedule (evening and weekend work may be required)
- Able to work in a fast paced environment w ith changing work priorities
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel etc.)
- Red Seal Chef Certificate or equivalent is preferred