General Helpers (Remote Camp)
- Cochrane, Canada
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
ESS Support Services provides high volume food service to remote locations that include offshore oil rigs, coastal logging camps, large projects in the Alberta Oil Sands, and summer Cadet camps in the Yukon.
We are currently seeking qualified General Helpers for dining operations in a remote (cadet) camp site in Cochrane, AB for a temporary seasonal summer position.
This position reports to the Cook and/or Chef, and is on a rotational schedule, so is required to work overtime hours as per business needs.
- Work to standards specified by company.
- Operate all applicable kitchen equipment safely and correctly.
- Clean and sanitize work area according to cleaning schedule.
- Maintain close communication and work cooperatively with the Chef, 1st Cook, Head Mess Hall Attendant, Administrative Team and Co-workers to ensure consistency of service and the highest quality of operation.
- Responsible for completing tasks related to stocking, replenishing, cleaning, and maintenance as needed.
- Follow requisition policies set in place for all products.
- Maintain organized work areas and programs as requested.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Please apply only if you meet all required qualifications:
• Three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be able to bend, lift and carry up to 50 pounds regularly.
• FoodSafe certification, current within 3 years.
•Related experience in a remote camp setting or similar environment would be an asset.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!