2nd Cook (Remote Camp)
- Cochrane, Canada
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
ESS Support Services provides high volume food service to remote locations that include offshore oil rigs, coastal logging camps, large projects in the Alberta Oil Sands, and summer Cadet camps in the Yukon.
Reports To: Chef /Executive Chef or Food Service Manager
We are looking for an experienced 2nd Cook to join our team for a seasonal summer position at our Cadet Camp.
Prepares and cooks food according to standardized recipes; prepares, serves, and clears resident steam table/tray line; operates food services equipment; cleans and sanitizes work area and equipment.
- Operates food services equipment in a safe manner and according to established policies and procedures.
- Prepares, serves, and clears resident steam table/tray line.
- Maintains established food rotations in storage in order to minimize spoilage and waste.
- Cleans and sanitizes work area and equipment.
- Adheres to provincial and federal regulations regarding food preparation.
- Communicates with supervisor and other staff members to resolve problems and/or concerns
- Assists in serving meals, remaining present during scheduled meal periods to receive customer comments and feedback.
- Serve customers quickly and courteously using proper service techniques and portioning.
- Ensure that all prepared products are correctly recorded on production records.
- Prepare salads and make sandwiches according to specifications in quantities sufficient for the day’s sales.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Red Seal preferred.
- Food Safe Certificate (issued within the last 3 years)
- First Aid Certificate
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!