Project Coordinator (Jr. PM)
- Boston, MA
Client is a large Financial Services company.
Position:- Project Coordinator (Jr. PM)
Duration :- 6 + months
Location:- Boston, MA
Keys to the Position:
2-5 years of Project Management Experience supporting IT projects
Experience supporting Managers and Analyst
MS Project, Peoplesoft, Clarity, MS Project, and Sharepoint experience is a +
Attention to detail with project plans, budget figures and reports
Strong communication skills - outgoing and assertive
Self-motivated and works well independently
Proficiency with MS Excel, Word
Able to multi-task and work under aggressive deadlines
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree or higher
* At least 5 years of business experience
* Attention to detail with project plans, budget figures and reports
* Strong communication skills - outgoing and assertive
* Self-motivated and works well independently
* Proficiency with MS Excel, Word
* Able to multi-task and work under aggressive deadlines
* Knowledge of Peoplesoft, Clarity, and accounting would be very beneficial
* Prior experience supporting an Infrastructure team is highly desired but not mandatory
Day-to-day activities will include:
* Work with managers and analysts in the development of project plans
* Track deliverables, budget and actual spend for multiple ETS projects, and identify variances
* Maintain project’s budget, forecast, and purchases in Clarity, Peoplesoft, and Excel
* Assist with project planning and coordination for numerous ETS initiatives and projects
* The candidate must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, and organize and facilitate meetings across multiple locations.
* Assist in the requisition and invoice process for all project related items
* Management and coordination for quarterly ETS system and network maintenance weekend work
Applicant must meet MOST of these requirements.
We are looking for candidates with excellent project management skills to support projects within Enterprise Technical Services (ETS) Department within IT (Information Technically).
A project manager is responsible for owning the project management processes. This includes understanding project goals, deadlines, and financial boundaries so they can best allocate resources, benchmarking, scheduling project deadlines, and general project management.
This individual will be responsible for various project deliverables for Firmwide projects and projects in enterprise Technical Services (Client Technology Services, Global Operations, and Platform Services).
In addition to project planning, tracking, coordination and support, this individual will also be involved in annual budget planning, monthly project reforecasts, periodic budget reports for senior management, biweekly updates to Managers on their projects’ budget and actual spend, and ad hoc requests for reporting.
The position will be based in Marlborough. This individual will interface with a team of Project Administrators based in Boston and may be required to travel to Boston on occasion
It's Jr. PM role with 2-5 years of project management experience.