Job Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Role: Business Analyst, Reporting and Data Services
Based in downtown Los Angeles, the Business Analyst will perform analysis, design, testing, and other reporting related elements to support the implementation and on-going evolution of client’s Reporting eco-system and platform.
Collaborating with technology and business management to establish a prioritization, strategy, and architecture for client’s reporting complex.
- · Managing projects and initiatives in accordance with the standards/requirements of the Project Management Lifecycle and System Development Lifecycle.
- · Assigning project roles; managing scope and deadlines.
- · Resolving conflicts and negotiate changes in priorities and/or scope.
- · Collaborating with the business stakeholders to define scope, objectives, assumptions, dependencies, value proposition / rationale, and impacted organizational functions and systems.
- · Leading activities and deliverable development including preparation and management of project documents (i.e. Work Queue, Issue Log, Meeting Agendas, and Project Specific Deliverables).
- · Conducting meetings and facilitate collaborative discussions.
- · Preparing and communicate status updates and issue logs to the Business Sponsor.
- · Collaborating/coordinating with IT in the execution of Quality Assurance (QA) testing.
- · Managing the project implementation and control monitoring process.
Work Queue Management
- · Managing, overseeing, and leading the prioritization of initiatives.
- · Establishing and maintaining relationships with business management and end-users.
- · Establishing and maintaining relationships with technology management and developers.
- · Managing projects across a spectrum of small to large concurrent initiatives.
- · Leading virtual team of business and technology members to ensure successful completion of expected work while continuing to improve quality/output.
- · Supporting various aspects of Enterprise Change Services department administration in conjunction with department lead; topics may include project prioritization, resource forecasting, project budget monitoring, project reporting and execution protocols.
- · Providing thought leadership to the team to ensure they are “Connecting the Dots” across complex business challenges, often with many moving parts and firm-wide implications, to develop an organized business solution meeting stakeholder/organizational needs.
- · Ensuring effective communication with and between peers, management, executive leadership, key stakeholders, and project participants to manage expectations, provide status updates, ensure clarity and accountability of roles and responsibilities, escalate issues, and solicit ongoing feedback regarding the quality of the team’s deliverables, incorporating feedback into team routines and/or new processes or tools.
- · Documenting business, functional, and technical requirements.
- · Defining, developing, and executing training materials in conjunction with the Business Unit.
- · Gathering, documenting, analyzing and drawing conclusions regarding complex data and information.
- · Defining, creating and running queries and reports.
- · Acting as a departmental resource by providing analysis, recommendations, consultation and expert advice for ad-hoc projects.
Quality Assurance and User Acceptance Testing
- · Defining, coordinating, and executing user acceptance tests against business requirements with or on behalf of the business units for projects.
- · Documenting test results and developing remediation plans with IT to address unmet business requirements.
- · Documenting current state (“as is”) and future state (“to be”) processes, systems flows, and data flows.
- · Formulating, defining and implementing improvements to business processes and operations to solve problems and enhance productivity/effectiveness.
The successful candidate should demonstrate strengths in:
- · Relationship Building; works effectively with strong, diverse teams of people with multiple perspectives and talents. He or she is known for doing what is best irrespective of politics and is comfortable with consensus building and soliciting constructive feedback;
- · Communication; strong verbal/written communication skills as well as the ability to present complex material;
- · Work ethic; focused on continual development, performance, accountability and self motivation;
- · Organization; proven ability to multi-task, effectively manage time across competing activities/resources and prioritize;
- · Intellectual Curiosity; energized by learning new things and engaging across a wide range of issues;
- · Driving Results; sets aggressive timelines and objectives to drive results, conveys a sense of urgency, and drives issues to closure; and
- · Judgment; makes recommendations and decisions that balance a variety of factors (e.g. cost, risk, short-term vs. long-term impact) and are supported by a sound fact base to achieve an optimal outcome. Goes back to core values and key objectives when making decisions/recommendations.
- · A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Economics, or Business Administration, or related field (and/or equivalent experience). Ideal candidate may also possess an MBA.
- · 5-7 years of Business Analysis experience combined with at least 2-5 years of Project Management experience;
- · Knowledge of Project Management, operating policies, procedures and practices;
- · Knowledge of the Financial Services industry, specifically the Alternative Asset Management arena preferred;
- · Understanding of the asset classes that client manages;
- · Understanding of Reporting paradigms (e.g., periodic, event based), data, and understanding of common reporting regimes;
- · Advanced expertise in MS Visio, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access;
- · A demonstrated ability to create a “consultant like” business presentation by leveraging key data and analysis findings;
- · Experience with technology implementations/conversions and/or custom development; and
- · Demonstrated ability to "deep dive" into the details of the business/subject matter while staying focused on the big picture.