- Schenectady, NY
Corepay Staffing, located in Clifton Park, has a 17 year record of excellence providing staffing solutions to top notch employers throughout New York's capital region. We specialize in temp to hire and direct placement services spanning a broad spectrum of fields including Manufacturing, Human Resources, Finance, Management, Administration, Construction and Logistics. Our continuing goal is to provide qualified personnel and flexible staffing solutions while maintaining the highest standards of quality. Through our partnerships we strive to connect people. . .. . .with people. . .. . ..
Summary: Plans, directs and coordinates the transportation operations for outbound and inbound trucks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Responsible for securing carriers most cost effective and reliable carriers, through carrier management – availability, reliability.
- Advises and schedules loads according to the needs of the receiving facility
- Maintain strong lines of communications with carriers and customers, as well as the Transportation, Sales and Warehouse departments
- Provide direction to the Load Planning Assistant, Appointment Scheduler, Carrier Tracking and Claims reps to manage the scheduling/tendering process and resolve issues as expediently as possible
- Provide coverage for other planners in the instance of vacation/illness
- Hands on familiarity with all functions in Planning – Load tendering, scheduling, trip tracking and OS&D
- Familiar knowledge of Dispatch functions
- Reachable after hours with company provided cell phone to resolve any issues which are not able to resolved by Dispatch
- Overtime required as needed
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift, stand and walk.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently; capable of working in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; supports the organization’s goals and values
- Oral Communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and arrives on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent. Reliable public or private transportation to and from work.
- Data entry skills
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 518-371-8485.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Five years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications: Word, Excel and Outlook
Shift will run from 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM.
****Work hours vary. Able to work weekends, holidays, and overtime when requested.