Executive Director / CEO-in-Training
- San Jose, CA
About Cornerstone Healthcare
Cornerstone is one of the most dynamic and progressive companies in the rapidly expanding home health, hospice, and home care industries. Affiliates of Cornerstone now operate 24 home health, hospice, or home health and hospice agencies across nine Western states and we expect this growth to continue. These agencies have no corporate headquarters or traditional management hierarchy. Instead, they operate independently with support from the “Service Center,” a world-class service team that provides the centralized clinical, legal, risk management, HR, training, accounting, IT and other resources necessary to allow on-site leaders and caregivers to focus squarely on day-to-day care and business issues in their individual agencies.
About The Ensign Group
We are proud to be affiliated with The Ensign Group, Inc., an organization formed in 1999 with the goal of establishing a new level of quality care within the health care industry. The name “Ensign” is synonymous with a “flag” or a “standard,” and refers to a goal of setting the standard by which all others are measured. We share this vision and our core values with other health care providers affiliated with The Ensign Group, such as skilled nursing, assisted living, urgent care and mobile diagnostics. We all believe that through our efforts, we can achieve a new level of client care and professional competence and set a new industry standard for quality home health and hospice services. You can learn more about The Ensign Group at www.ensigngroup.net
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall leadership, direction, growth and culture of the home health and hospice agency. In addition, he/she is responsible for the employment of qualified home health and hospice personnel; is responsible for the provision of home health and hospice services directly, and the delegation to and coordination of home health and hospice personnel evaluations; is responsible for establishing standards of care to comply with federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations. The Executive Director establishes, implements, and evaluates goals and objectives for home health and hospice services that meet and promote the standards of quality and contribute to the total organization and philosophy, and is responsible for the overall clinical and financial performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall financial operations of the home health/hospice agency.
- Maintain full responsibility of the overall functions of the financial areas and cost controls, adhere to financial and accounting policies and procedure and manage expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Take action, make decisions and shape team priorities to achieve agency operational goals.
- Ensure effective and on-going, on-the-job training of team members, evaluate, record individual and team performance, provide coaching and counseling and make appropriate developmental recommendations.
- Establish criteria and/or work procedures to achieve a high level of quality, productivity or service.
- Meet or exceed budgeted revenue and EBITDA on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal laws, Medicare regulations and the agency's policies and procedures.
- Partner with Marketer to develop approaches that best position services or ideas in the marketplace.
- Partner with Leadership Team to develop and implement comprehensive business development plans for the agency.
- Organize information/data to identify/explain major trends, problems and causes; Compare and combine information to identify underlying issues. Generate actions to achieve long-range goals.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and regulatory requirements through activities such as participating in State Associations and reviewing industry publications.
- Support other Executive Directors (Cluster Partners) in peer-leadership cluster model.
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years healthcare operations management (or experience).
- Prior experience with budgetary responsibilities including budget development and monitoring
- Broad knowledge of home health and hospice federal and state regulations/administration
- Outstanding leadership, managerial skills, excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, excellent problem-solving, decision-making and assertiveness skills
Don't Meet all of the Qualifications?
Inquire about our CEO-in-Training (CIT) program. The CIT program is a full-time paid training program that varies in length and curriculum based on level of experience. CIT's receive practical on-the-job training in a home health & hospice environment under the direct supervision of an experienced Executive Director/CEO. In preparation for agency leadership, the Cornerstone CIT will be mentored by one or more agency Executive Director’s to gain a thorough understanding of our culture, operating model, systems and what it takes to be a successful leader in Cornerstone. The program may include hands on training in all roles within an agency, shadowing in the field to learn our clinical product, and independent study of regulations and specific curriculum focused on becoming an exceptional operator. In addition, CIT's are expected to take on projects and real responsibilities at their host agency after mastering the fundamentals of our business.
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Type: Full-Time
- Benefits: Medical with HSA, dental, vision, life & AD&D insurance plans, 401(k) with matching contribution, sick and holiday pay, as well as an unlimited vacation plan.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. Pre-employment criminal background screening required.