Manufacturing Engineering Intern
Celebrating over 97 years of excellence in the marine industry, Nautique Boat Company is a subsidiary of Correct Craft and has been on the waters of the world with a passion for innovation since 1925. Nautique is known to push the envelope of possibility on the water, and our owners have come to expect nothing but the absolute best. The world’s best ski boat, the world’s best wake boat, and a company that cares.
Through our Nautique Cares initiatives, we are dedicated to not only making a difference on the water but to people in need around the world. Be a part of an innovative, world-class leader in the marine industry working with a company that has brand name recognition and a reputation for quality and success. Nautique values people, performance, and philanthropy and is passionate about making a difference in the world. To learn more visit www.nautique.com.
We are looking for a detail-oriented and energetic Manufacturing Engineering intern to work with the Industrial Engineering team and operations departments to improve efficiency and quality and eliminate waste in the manufacturing process. They will develop creative solutions to support boat production.
The pay rate is $15 an Hour.
- Performs research, design, and development of manufacturing processes, including production flow, assembly methods, and production equipment.
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment.
- Designs, develops, tests, and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery, and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and efficiency.
- Represents manufacturing on cross-functional teams.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Candidates must be pursuing a postsecondary degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related field. Ideally, we are looking for a candidate with a graduation date of May 2023 or later.
- Must be available for 20 hours per week Monday – Thursday between the hours of 7 AM to 4:00 PM for at least 2 semesters
- Understanding of Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques and Quality Control processes
- Strong problem analysis and problem resolution
- Must be a well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Excel
- Visual Basics knowledge
- Experience in 2D CAD
The position in an onsite role for about 20 hours per week at the Nautique headquarters in Orlando, FL. We are looking for candidates from Central FL colleges only. There is no remote work available for this position.
Nautique Boat Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Qualified candidates will be asked to submit to background screening and drug testing.