Software Test Engineer
- Westford, MA
The Council for Logistics Research, Inc., (CLR) is a privately owned service disabled business that supports the Air Force and other DoD agencies. CLR has employees in Massachusetts and Virginia. We are headquartered in Arlington, VA and also have a business center in Westford, MA. CLR currently employs acquisition specialists, professional consultants, research analysts, domain engineers, system architects, and functional specialists who support our various projects. CLR's talented employees are dedicated to providing innovative, resourceful, and cost effective business solutions.
Verifies that software products operate as designed. Provides technical expertise in testing and product knowledge. Provides technical support during software installations in multiple operating environments. Provides accurate estimates and reports of test progress. Writes test cases and test procedures, and under direction, writes test plans.
- Tests software builds during product development across multiple software baselines.
- Reports test results and enter defect reports into the defect tracking database.
- Monitors and updates defect reports as needed including tracking defect reports to closure.
- Configures necessary hardware and operating environments as needed to complete assigned testing.
- Provides technical expertise on areas of knowledge, specific products, operating systems and specialized environments.
- Writes or assists in the development of test cases, use cases, and test procedures.
- Provides development of project Software Quality Assurance Plan and the implementation of procedures that conforms to the requirements of the contract.
- Completes assigned testing and non-testing related tasks.
- Manages the defect database under the guidance of senior test engineers.
- Assists in the automation of relevant test cases and procedures.
- Assists in review of test processes as they are developed.
- Provides an independent assessment of how the project's software development process is being implemented relative to the defined process and recommends methods to optimize the organization's process.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, CIS, or equivalent
- 1-3 years of overall software testing experience
- 1-3 years knowledge of software testing and software quality methodologies
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Multitasking ability in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal communications and organization skills
- Mature, independent, yet receptive to team participation
- Experience may be substituted for the degree.
- Acquire and maintain a SECRET Clearance (must be U.S. Citizen)
- 5+ years of overall experience testing web based and or SharePoint based applications.
- Has experience working in an agile SCRUM development framework.
- Has the ability to provide technical support during software installations in multiple operating environments.
- Has ability to analyze software testing problems and at times think outside the box in order to do so.
- Has ability to methodically produce the steps which exhibit defects in the product and be able to reproduce and then communicate these steps in detailed reports.
- Has ability to use initiative in gaining in-depth experience in areas of technology relevant to the testing of company products.
- Has ability to use initiative in gaining theoretical knowledge in software testing.
- Works well in a software development team environment and also has the ability to work alone.
- Has ability to adapt to the changing needs of a project.
- Has ability to meet project testing deadlines.
- Has strong communication skills, both in writing and orally, and must be able to communicate with peer test and development engineers regarding software defects and testing scenarios.