Communications and Marketing Coordinator
The Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) is a national association of social work education programs and individuals that ensures and enhances the quality of social work education for a professional practice that promotes individual, family, and community well-being, and social and economic justice. CSWE pursues this mission by setting and maintaining national accreditation standards for baccalaureate and master’s degree programs in social work, by promoting faculty development, and by advocating for social work education and research.
The Communications and Marketing Coordinator will assist the Communications and Marketing Manager with the oversight and implementation of communications strategies and plans that will effectively promote the organization and its products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Communications team responsibilities
- Support the implementation of annual strategic communications plans for the association; coordinate with internal divisions/departments and external partners for effective execution
- Support efforts to collaborate with CSWE staff to determine communication/marketing needs and develop micro-communication/marketing campaigns and collateral as needed
- Write copy to promote the value of the association and its programs to members, key partners, and media, including e-mails, press releases, newsletters (electronic and print), fact sheets, infographics, social media
- Research and develop content for publication on website, email, or social networks
- Coordinate the design of videos, graphic elements, brochures, fact sheets, logos, or other promotional products
- Assist with or manage projects as assigned by Manager of Communications and Marketing or Vice President of Communications and Marketing
CSWE Spark administrative responsibilities
- Serve as the overall administrator for CSWE Spark, including new user approvals, automated messaging, and updating private communities for CSWE’s Councils and Commissions
- Execute short- and long-term plans to build engagement in CSWE’s platform
- Ensure that users are supported on the Spark platform
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications or marketing, and 3 years working in communications and marketing with proven ability to execute effective communications initiatives
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Exhibits proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Premiere Pro
- Familiar with email marketing platforms like Higher Logic Informz or Mailchimp
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Familiarity with APA editorial style
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and verbal and written communications required
- Strong relationship-building skills for forging conversations and partnerships with key media and other partners/organizations required
- Excellent writing skills required
- Adept at managing multiple projects at once, maintaining timelines
- Excellent project management and organization skills; ability to prioritize large volumes of projects and effectively see them through to conclusion required
- Ability to create communication opportunities
- Knowledge/experience in marketing strategies and concepts preferred
- Proven ability to work independently
This position is based in CSWE’s Alexandria, VA, office and residency in or relocation to the DC Metropolitan area is required. However, all CSWE positions are eligible to work remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic until further notice.
The position is primarily sedentary and is performed in an office setting. Position requires ability to communicate effectively, and the ability to use computers, telephones and other office equipment. Periodic out-of-town travel is also required. To be qualified, you must have the requisite skills, experience and education for the job and must also be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. The Council on Social Work Education provides reasonable accommodations to applicants upon request.
- Salary range is $54,000 - $56,000 annually.
- CSWE offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, PTO, 403b retirement contributions, and more.
Please submit your resume and cover letter.