- South Jordan, UT
- Department: Software Engineering
Welcome to Cricut® where transforming inspiration to creation reigns supreme. Here, customer experiences are what drive us, game-changing technology solutions are conceived, change is happening and technology is at the very heart of bringing our creative ideas to life. Clients aren’t just customers, they’re partners. Integrity and a team-driven environment serve as incubators for entrepreneurial minds. If you’re ready to be an idea engineer with some of the best collaborators in the industry, let’s see where you can put your talents to work.
Cricut® is a world leader in personal electronic cutting machines that help people achieve their creative best. For 50 years, Cricut® has inspired creativity and made DIY more capable and easier than ever with tools like the Cricut® electronic cutting machine, Cricut Craft Room® design software, and the Cricut Cuttlebug™ embosser and die cutter. Today, millions of people use Cricut® products to create masterful and surprisingly simple projects, and Cricut® products have won dozens of industry awards. Redefine DIY—join the Cricut® revolution!
General Job Summary:
Develop mechanical designs for new and existing products by applying engineering and fabrication principals to industrial designs for the consumer market in accordance with business needs and the product road map.
• Develop concepts and ideas for new products or methods to improve existing products.
• Design mechanisms, sheet metal, plastic housings and components in support of new products
• Develop cost estimates based on product concepts or designs
• Use engineering principals to develop the structural design of products incorporating mechanical and electrical subsystems to meet industrial design, marketing, and customer requirements to meet project schedules.
• Specify materials and components in designs.
• Manage multiple design projects at once. Work independently with little or no direction. Keep management informed and apprised of design. Work with other functional groups (marketing, sales, customer service, etc.) within the company to develop and evaluate designs that meet customer needs.
• Present and participate in design reviews and update designs as required.
• Develop schedules for design and product development processes
• Investigate product failures and causes of faulty operation, and make recommendations for corrective actions to resolve the issue.
• Keep appraised of the customer experience related to company products.
• Work with design and/or manufacturing partners to ensure manufacturability and smooth product ramps leading up to production.
• Perform testing of designs to prove functionality and reliability.
• Generate design specifications and drawings for external design and manufacturing activities.
• Apply statistical methods such as process capability studies and DOE’s in the development and improvement of products.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Expert in the use of ProE, proficiency with Solidworks a plus
• Experienced in injection molded plastics design, tooling best practices and process tuning.
• Familiar with sheet metal design and fabrication processes
• Ability to apply engineering fundamentals in product design
• Familiar with rapid prototype techniques and processes
• Familiarity with GD&T techniques
• Effective communicator.
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelors or Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering
3+ Years of Experience designing consumer based products, electro-mechanical devices, medical devices or similar.
What to Do Next:
Please send us a resume and a cover telling us why no one is more right for the position than you. You can be sure that Cricut is a workplace that values individuality and variety, so write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Facebook, Fan pages made because of you), and if you are a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!