- South Jordan, UT
- Department: Creative Development
Welcome to Cricut® where transforming inspiration to creation reigns supreme. Here, customer experiences are what drive us, game-changing technology solutions are conceived, change is happening and technology is at the very heart of bringing our creative ideas to life. Clients aren’t just customers, they’re partners. Integrity and a team-driven environment serve as incubators for entrepreneurial minds. If you’re ready to be an idea engineer with some of the best collaborators in the industry, let’s see where you can put your talents to work.
Cricut® is a world leader in personal electronic cutting machines that help people achieve their creative best. For 50 years, Cricut® has inspired creativity and made DIY more capable and easier than ever with tools like the Cricut® electronic cutting machine, Cricut Craft Room® design software, and the Cricut Cuttlebug™ embosser and die cutter. Today, millions of people use Cricut® products to create masterful and surprisingly simple projects, and Cricut® products have won dozens of industry awards. Redefine DIY—join the Cricut® revolution!
About the Cricut Creative Development Team
You’ll be a part of a team that loves to speak to the customer and collaborate as a team. You will be allowed opportunities each and every day to directly impact the Cricut brand. Our team works directly with the Channel Marketing, Product Marketing, PR, Social, Sales, Product and Software Development teams.
• Minimum five years’ experience leading teams as a Design Manager/Art Director (digital and print) in comparable or like industry
• Excellent technical skills in Creative Suite
• Excellent sense of design, color, image composition and typography
• Extensive knowledge in digital production
• Experience directing external agencies and freelance talent including but not limited to Production Artists, Designers and Retouchers
• Must be confident in presenting ideas and designs to prospective customers, executive team, and account staff
• This role will be required to work on more than one project at a time, using a wide range of media, including photography, illustration, and various software applications.
• Must comfortable preparing mechanicals and be fluent in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Agency experience a plus
• Experience designing for consumer products and retail a plus
• Mentor, Inspire and lead a team of visual designers
• Abide by company core values
• Maintain deadlines and product goals
• Communicate and listen with superb skills and experience
• Repeatedly demonstrate leadership qualities
• Demonstrate knowledge of current trends in graphic design
• Involve with design community and professional organizations
• Must poses self-motivated creativity and strategic thinking in fast-paced environment
• Perform any duties required from a designer when one is unavailable
• Visualize and conceptualize ideas through wireframes and sketches
• Ensure brand guidelines are consistently met
• Complete design tasks independently to meet deadlines and assure company and stakeholder creative integrity
• Collaborate with Project Manager and VP Creative Development to determine overall scope of projects and presentations
• Establish entire conceptual and stylistic direction on selective assignments
• Manage and direct multiple large-scale projects and prioritize workload with their respective teams
• Exercise quality control over assigned projects
• Work directly with Project Manager and follow through with stakeholders with creative direction and final file deliverables
• Contribute written and visual content to company as assigned by VP Creative Development
• Position reports to VP Creative Development
What to Do Next:
Please send us a resume and a portfolio telling us why no one is more right for the position than you. You can be sure that Cricut is a workplace that values individuality and variety, so write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Facebook, Fan pages made because of you), and if you are a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!