Senior iOS Developer (Who Loves Music)
- Dallas, TX
CrowdFeed is a young company with huge dreams.
We are currently developing an awesome mobile platform that connects artists and audiences during concerts and music festivals. Our vision: Revolutionize the way the world experiences live music.
At CrowdFeed, we want to enrich the live music experience by making concerts and festivals more engaging and interactive for the audience member. We also want to help artists engage better with their audience during their performance.
We believe that audience members should never have to ask the questions “What band is playing right now?”, “What is the name of this song?”, and “When does the band I came to see go on?”. We think it is silly that bands still sell physical CDs in the back at the merch table when everyone wants a digital download. We think that existing live event and festival apps are boring (cough, cough: this year’s SXSW GO app). We also think that Facebook Event invites suck.
We realize there should be a single, easy-to-use app that you can use to engage at every concert, and that is exactly what we are building.
We're growing fast and are constantly looking for self-starters to grow with us. You would get the chance to shape the company all the while perfecting your craft.
Come join us.
What you'll be doing:
- Take over iPhone application development. Build-out from Private Alpha to Public Beta to full app.
- Respond to user testing and implement code changes.
- Work directly in collaboration with Senior Designer to make development decisions.
- Build and integrate new features as platform grows.
- Manage team of developers and interns.
- Go to concerts, rock out and observe how people use the app (real-environment user testing).
- Tickets to concerts and festivals.
- A job your friends will be jealous of.
- Full-time position in our dope Dallas office.
- Work alongside 10 other start-up companies at one of the top 10 startup accelerators in the world, Tech Wildcatters (http://techwildcatters.com).
- The ride of your life.
- Get in on the ground-floor of an ambitious industry-changing start-up company and help shape our future.
- Did we mention free tickets to concerts and festivals?
Skills & Experience:
- You LOVE music, especially live music, and might even dabble in making it.
- You have several completed iOS apps under your belt.
- Outstanding engineering talent proven by great work results/experience, interesting hobby projects, open source contributions and/or superior academic results.
- Experience using and integrating APIs.
- Experience in managing apps after release.
- Ability to write well-documented code and explaining methods in good English.
- A degree in computer science or similar is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Self-motivation, but ability to excel in a team-based environment. Strong initiative skills and enthusiasm.