Director of Sales
- Portland, OR
At CrowdStreet we're democratizing the real estate industry by enabling real estate investment firms (sponsors) to offer their investments directly to investors via the web. Investors have unprecedented access to private real estate firms in order to build a diversified real estate portfolio and track their portfolio performance over time. We’re creating the most efficient distribution channel that the private real estate industry has ever seen and now that it’s proven to work, the transformation is gaining energy. Through the use of our crowdfunding marketplace, sponsors can meet new investors in a transparent and frictionless environment while also using our white-label software solution to digitize their current fundraising and investor management processes. By the nature of our offerings (B2B and B2C) we are a team that is excited about delivering great benefits to both consumers (investors) and businesses.
The Director of Sales is a key member of our leadership team and is coming on board at a time when the company has been fortunate to grow dramatically over the past two years with a small sales team. We are now seeking an experienced hands-on and proven sales leader to lead and coach our Inside Sales team, refine our sales processes, and accelerate the achievement of our aggressive revenue targets. For this role, we are looking for an experienced, energetic Director to scale the sales organization of both Sales Development Reps and Sales Representatives to the next level. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for exceeding targets, building a great sales organization and a great company. The ideal candidate understands that he/she only succeeds when everyone on the team is succeeding, and thinks the best part of this job is coaching, leading and inspiring their team to be their best. The ideal candidate also loves tracking numbers, analyzing results and is constantly solving for areas of improvement throughout the sales team. This person believes that success in sales is more of a science than an art, yet respects the art of the sale. Finally, the Sales Director inspires team members and celebrates the small victories on our successful journey.
● Hands-on management of the inside sales team day-to-day to achieve sales goals, develop and coach the sales team members, improve their sales skills and conversion through all aspects of the sales funnel.
● Participate in sales calls when necessary to ensure success and help team members grow their capabilities
● Define sales processes and methodologies that drive desired sales outcomes, then identify and execute improvements where and when required.
● Develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals.
● Create metrics, regular reports, and manage to key objectives across demand generation, lead management, pipeline development, and revenue generation.
● Establish and oversee sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve and exceed their sales targets.
● Institute sales methodologies and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives.
● Communicate and educate the team through daily huddles, weekly trainings and monthly recap sessions designed to ensure cohesion, collaboration and best practice sharing amongst the team.
● Work closely with Marketing to develop and execute the highest impacting demand generation programs.
● Work closely with Business Development on their key strategic partnerships and named accounts that result in highest yielding opportunities for sales.
● Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction.
● 3+ years experience in a sales management position directly leading, growing and developing inside sales teams (including inside sales reps and sales development reps) that sell B2B SaaS solutions and achieve and exceed performance goals.
● 5+ years direct experience in selling complex vertical specific (Finance and/or Real Estate a strong plus) software-based B2B solutions, specifically targeting new accounts.
● Demonstrated track record in growing revenue and overachievement of quota expectations at early stage companies with inside sales.
● Experience developing, implementing, and scaling sales processes and methodologies.
● Proven results in coaching direct reports in sales strategy, pipeline management, opportunity management and career planning/development
● Experience in hiring sales talent needed to ensure continued company growth
● Outstanding consultative selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with executive level customers and partners.
● Experience working in smaller startup environments as well as larger tech sales organizations.
● Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results driven, team oriented, and collaborative environment.
● Experience with advanced sales automation tools (i.e. Salesforce).
● BS degree in Business or related field.
● Reports to the VP of Business Development.
● Competitive salary, bonus, full benefits and stock options.
● Located in Portland, OR. (no relocation or remote employment)
CrowdStreet is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.