- Atlanta, GA
Cypress develops a testing suite that helps developers write automated tests for the web.
The ideal person for Cypress should have a deep understanding of the web and a good track record managing engineering teams. You have experience with every stage of the development process including architecture, testing, deployment, code reviews, maintenance, and documentation. You can ensure the engineering team is working on the most important projects tailored to their skills. You can address team member’s roadblocks, underperformance, and improve upon their skills by providing continuous feedback.
- Contribute as an engineer in the form of designing, writing and reviewing code.
- Meet 1-1 with team members on a regular basis.
- Take ownership of projects from writing specs to shipping on time to reporting results.
- Serve as hiring manager for the team with the goal of identifying, vetting and hiring experienced candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- Balance producing high quality and consistent code across the entire team while shipping things quickly.
- Update and improve the engineering onboarding process and documentation. Ensure that every new hire’s onboarding is able to be done faster and easier than the previous.
- Seek out new engineering candidates by referring out of your network, networking at relevant events, and fostering relationships through informal coffee meetings and lunches.
- 3-5 years of experience managing small to medium engineering teams.
- Ability to scope work without having to consult engineers.
- Staying up-to-date with new ECMAScript, Node, and browser features that will improve application development.
- Sound knowledge of Agile methodology.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.