UX/UI Design Instructor (Full-Time)
- Chicago, IL
DESIGNATION is a full-time, full-immersion, full-stack design bootcamp. Over 12 weeks, students learn digital design, front-end development and user experience (UX), and build their portfolios by working with live clients on real world projects.
- Be passionate about providing mentorship, direction, and sharing your knowledge by interacting with students on a daily basis
- Facilitate virtual check-ins, daytime activities, and student projects
- Help recent graduates review & polish their portfolios/resume and Linkedin profile, understand the technical interviewing process, and learn how to find opportunities and job openings.
- Facilitate job and internship placement by matching the best possible student for a particular company
- Assist in finding and reaching out to existing and potential Hiring Partner companies for project and employment opportunities
- Collect and record data regarding all students, employment, etc.
- Contribute design thought leadership articles to the DESIGNATION blog, and speak or host workshops/events throughout the year
- Experience and knowledge in UX methodologies
- Experience in designing UI for web and mobile
- Proficient in HTML & CSS markup; capable of writing clean, semantic, valid markup and modular, cascading, reusable CSS
- Knowledge of HTML5/CSS3, and cutting-edge web design capabilities
- Wireframe and prototyping
- Bonus: Familiarity with version control, Git, and other front-end goodies
- Great networking skills; strong internal and external communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work with a wide variety of people
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.