Senior Clinical/Healthcare Informaticist
- Mountain View, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: xVantage
DNAnexus is the leading cloud-based SaaS company serving the global life science community. DNAnexus’ health informatics platform serves customers across a spectrum of industries — government, biopharmaceutical, clinical diagnostics, healthcare, and academic research in 33 countries with compliant protection of data, privacy, and intellectual property. The platform provides a secure and collaborative environment where genomics, multi-omics, and real world data can be combined with clinical data at scale, providing new insights that can lead to improved diagnostics, new targeted therapies and better patient care.
DNAnexus xVantage Group is passionate about partnerships and client success. Our partnership culture is as important as the technology we provide our clients. Our mission is to help our clients achieve their research and clinical goals with DNAnexus solutions and services. Our team includes highly sought after experts including data scientists, bioinformaticians, cloud computing experts, and software engineers.
As Senior Clinical/Healthcare Informaticist on the DNAnexus xVantage team you will have an opportunity to partner closely with our customers, working with their data from profiling to ingestion, to ensure transmission and representation to end-user facing solutions that enable their precision medicine use cases. Your work will include modeling, normalization, harmonization and integration of clinical/healthcare data from multiple sources into linked clinico-genomic databases that drive scientific insight. You will partner closely with experts across the DNAnexus Data Science, Engineering, and Product teams to optimize tools and processes for clinical data pre-processing and ingestion into DNAnexus data frameworks.
- Profile, transform and ingest clinical/healthcare data from various sources, maintaining quality of the data throughout the transformation process and delivering data products to clients through the DNAnexus platform
- Collaborate and coordinate closely with xVantage Bioinformatics and Translational Scientists on optimal processes, strategy and implementation of DNAnexus customer’s clinico-genomic database solutions
- Work with DNAnexus Product and Science teams to define data models and operationalize processes for ingestion and harmonization of longitudinal clinical and phenotypic data into the DNAnexus platform
- Drive the design and development of data models that optimize extraction and transformation of Real World Data (EHR, registries, Patient Reported Outcomes, etc.) into clinico-genomic databases
- Masters, PhD or MD in clinical/medical informatics, public health, epidemiology or a related field
- Deep professional experience extracting, curating, and integrating data from multiple clinical data sources such as EHRs, disease registries, pharmacy or claims databases, imaging systems, etc.
- Significant experience with implementing and expanding clinical data models (e.g. CDISC, OMOP, PCORnet)
- Thorough understanding of HL7, FHIR and other healthcare IT data standards
- In-depth knowledge of standards and controlled vocabularies used in medical coding such as SNOMED-CT, LOINC, HPO, RxNorm, NDC, ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS, etc.
- Experience working with standard -omics nomenclature such as HUGO HGNC, Gene Ontology, HGVS, dbSNP
- Strong understanding of metrics to ensure a high quality data deliverable
- Experience with HIPAA and IRB protocols around use of clinical data
- Experience with a query language such as SPARQL or SQL
- Experience with at least one programming language (Python, R, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex data modeling, terminology normalization, data curation or Natural Language Processing (NLP) projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with emphasis on relaying complex information and concepts in more relatable terms
- Experience translating use case requirements into actionable development requirements around Real World Data, including data platform operational processes
Based in Mountain View, California, DNAnexus is experiencing rapid growth and is searching for the best talent to join our team. We recently completed a $100 million financing round to advance our growth globally to further serve leading healthcare and life science organizations. Key investors include Google Ventures, Perceptive Advisors, Northpond Ventures, TPG Biotech, and Foresite Capital.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply today!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.