Technical Content Developer
- Mountain View, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Product Management
DNAnexus is the leading cloud-based SaaS company serving the global life science community. DNAnexus’ health informatics platform serves customers across a spectrum of industries — government, biopharmaceutical, clinical diagnostics, healthcare, and academic research in 33 countries with compliant protection of data, privacy, and intellectual property. The platform provides a secure and collaborative environment where genomics, multi-omics, and real world data can be combined with clinical data at scale, providing new insights that can lead to improved diagnostics, new targeted therapies and better patient care.
As the technical content developer, you will be joining a growing engineering and product management organization to produce content that translates complex technical products and features into easily consumable documentation, training materials and marketing content. We believe that our product and technical content are an integral part to support users in their end-to-end journey and can help our customers evangelize the DNAnexus platform.
You will be responsible for clearly and concisely communicating new and existing features of our platform for our user base of scientists, developers and researchers. You will help build out our onboarding content to ensure that users are successful on our platform. You will write documentation, user emails, newsletters content, and technical marketing content.
This role is an individual contributor, early-career level role.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work closely with software product managers, software engineers, scientists and users to determine documentation and training needs.
- Organize the information architecture of our documentation. Proactively suggest opportunities for improvement.
- Create and edit technical content, including API reference docs, use-case driven developer's guides, tutorials, end-user content, etc.
- Create customer-specific documentation and onboarding content for some of our special projects.
- Help coordinate a flexible and lightweight documentation process, including appropriate reviews.
- Help standardize language and terminology across product features.
- Create and maintain onboarding materials to help new users get up to speed on our core platform, such as onboarding emails, video tutorials
- Create content for monthly newsletters (new product feature descriptions), training webinars, technical white papers, and technical blogs
- B.S. or higher in technical writing, instructional design, biology, computer science, or other STEM field; or equivalent software technical writing experience.
- 1-4 years relevant work experience and a portfolio of writing samples
- Ability to work well with technical subject matter experts from developers to bioinformaticians to lab scientists
- Experience writing user-facing documentation; ability to understand and effectively communicate about software from the user point of view
- Ability to structure written content thoughtfully with a view to maintenance and re-usability
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Detail-oriented work style, with few mistakes of understanding
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently, defining and meeting project objectives
- Familiarity with wiki software such as Confluence
- Familiarity with version control software such as Git
- Familiar with screen recording and light video editing a plus
Based in Mountain View, California, DNAnexus is experiencing rapid growth and is searching for the best talent to join our team. We recently completed a $100 million financing round to advance our growth globally to further serve leading healthcare and life science organizations. Key investors include Google Ventures, Perceptive Advisors, Northpond Ventures, TPG Biotech, and Foresite Capital.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply today!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.