Web Marketing Manager
- San Mateo, CA
DNN Corp. is the world’s leading CMS and web application framework for the Microsoft ecosystem. Our open source and commercial products are easy to use, extensible and power over 700,000 websites globally. In the last few years our products have been downloaded over 7 million times. We are now building a high volume, fast growing commercial business that complements the open source model, supported by an online store today which has over 10,000 add-ons used by developers to design, build and deploy world-class websites quickly and simply.
Web Marketing Manager
DNN is seeking an experienced, data-driven web marketing rock star for our growing marketing team. You are ideal for this role if you eat / live / breathe Google Analytics and read Matt Cutts’ blog religiously. If you’re obsessed with optimization testing and looking at heatmaps helps you unwind, then we have a place for you.
The Web Marketing Manager oversees the DNN website and optimizes its performance as the company's primary demand generation vehicle. As the web CMS and Google Analytics super-user, the Web Marketing Manager leverages visitor behavior data and applies best practices to attract, engage, and convert website visitors to support revenue objectives.
Improve all key website metrics including weekly unique visitors, visitor conversion rates, bounce rates, and more.
Develop the SEO plan encompassing on-page and off-page aspects, train key stakeholders, and drive implementation of the plan.
Implement a website conversion rate optimization (CRO) strategy including the use of A/B testing, click tracking or other assessment tools.
Maintain page content using CMS tools and basic HTML/CSS
Collaborate with team members to optimize website design, technical performance and content strategy in order to increase traffic and conversions and improve organic search rankings.
Execute tactical website initiatives based on analysis of site performance, conversion rates, visitor behavior, and SEO best-practices/industry developments.
Drive and oversee marketing initiatives that enhance visitor experience and increase conversions, for example, adding online chat or interactive wizards.
Work closely with cross-functional team members in web operations, marketing, and design, and manage 3rd party consultants as needed.
Create reports and dashboards to monitor key metrics, and provide regular analysis to marketing and executive team.
Make data-driven recommendations on website content, design, and functionality in order to improve key metrics.
Assist with website content, layout, UI, and usability from a web marketing perspective.
Required Skills & Experiences:
- BA/BS in marketing, business, statistics or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience as a digital marketing manager for a software company, with responsibility for website management, web analytics, optimization, and SEO.
- Proven track record of defining and implementing successful web marketing programs.
- Highly capable of establishing, monitoring, and reporting standard web marketing metrics.
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating reports and dashboards in Google Analytics to monitor traffic, traffic sources, conversions, events, visitor paths and more.
- Deep understanding and experience with conversion rate optimization concepts and designing and conducting A/B tests. Familiarity with Optimizely or other conversion testing tools.
- 2-3 years of search engine optimization (SEO) experience and familiarity with key “white hat” approaches including keyword research, organic link-building and SEO content strategy.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong vendor management and negotiation skills.
- Salesforce and Marketo experience is a plus.
Ideal candidates will also possess these personal qualities and attitudes:
- Proactive work ethic and highly self-motivated.
- Creative problem solver, capable of removing obstacles and moving projects to completion.
- Flexible and responsive, and able to handle last minute curve balls with grace.
- Superior time management skills, to manage a diverse workload and competing deadlines.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented.