Junior Specification Writer
- Roseville, CA
DTR is a specialized Architectural Firm who brings highly technical solutions to exciting, large and/or complex building projects being designed and constructed throughout the US and abroad. We are also known as the “Building Science Guys”. (We bring Science into Architecture...) Working with various design teams, developers and building Owners to bring "sound architectural solutions" to unique projects as well as provide other technical services, such as building forensics, quality assurance checks, hygrothermal modeling, facility assessments and remediation architectural services. DTR is one of the largest construction specifications writing firms in the US as well as a highly certified Building Envelope/Waterproofing and Forensic Consulting Firm, with multiple offices throughout California.
DTR is an exciting and growing company looking for the right people to help us expand and prosper. We love good architecture, building science, technology, education and care about the people that work for us. Join us and watch your career grow. Work on the type of projects and the environment you always wanted. Our Management style is to hire those who are self-motivated, eager to learn, confident and unafraid to fail. In doing so, we trust in each other's individual performance.
Ideal candidates will have 3 to 5years experience in Interiors or Architecture for various building types,
minimal construction related experience preferred with plan reading skills and some recent specification editing responsibilities. Must be able to work in an orderly manner, accurately check work and meet deadlines.
Must enjoy both the technical and creativity aspects of the architecture / building industry and have clearly and distinct (verbal and written) communication skills. Applicant must be proficient and knowledgeable with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook), Adobe Acrobat & Internet Explorer. Advanced MS Word training is a plus. Ability to work in a team oriented environment is a must.
Multi-tasking is essential in completing assigned tasks thoroughly, on time and on budget. Candidates should be well organized and want to grow professionally in Architectural field
- Must have working knowledge of CSI practices.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined.
- Ability to work with integrity, trust and commitment, setting an example for others.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; both verbally and in writing.
Many times this person may be in a related career and may have been drawn to the construction side of the industry, is mechanically oriented, loves good architecture design and wants to be a part of its successful implementation.
A minimum of 3 years Architectural, engineering or construction or similar experience of increased responsibility, plus
- Must demonstrate proficiency in using MS Word, Acrobat and/or Bluebeam.
- Interested in learning, specifically the technical side of architecture & construction
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Construction Administration field experience as plus.
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggle and prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines.
- Ability to interact with team members including, external client organizations and vendors.
- Must be quality minded and self-motivated.
- Professional advanced certifications a plus.
- Pursuing professional certifications or licensure a plus.
Applicants MUST submit a formal Cover Letter, resume,and current career wage history. Applicant information received without all three (3) of these items will NOT be considered.
Compensation: Competitive base compensation plus comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Days, Professional Development Assistance, 401(k) match, Profit Sharing, & Performance Bonuses, Paid Holidays, Direct Deposit, Free Parking & Very Adventurous Staff Outings)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEOC guidelines.
Drug Free Workplace