Project Architect/Technical Architect I
- Roseville, CA
DTR is a specialized Architectural Firm who brings highly technical solutions to exciting, large and/or complex building projects being designed and constructed throughout the US and abroad. We are also known as the “Building Science Guys”. We work with various design teams, developers and building Owners to bring "sound architectural solutions" to unique projects as well as provide other technical services, such as building forensics, quality assurance checks, hygrothermal modeling, facility assessments and remediation architectural services. DTR is one of the largest construction specifications writing firms in the US as well as a highly certified Building Envelope/Waterproofing and Forensic Consulting Firm, with multiple offices throughout California.
DTR is an exciting and growing company looking for the right people to help us expand and prosper. We love good architecture, building science, technology, education and care about the people that work for us. Join us and watch your career grow. Work on the type of projects you always wanted. Learn more here at DTR in one year than you would in most architectural firms in six or seven years!
Seeking an Architectural candidate who loves the technical side of architecture. A technically minded Architect with specification and technical drawing abilities looking to expand their experience. Ideal candidates will have a minimum 5 years experience in an Architecture Firm or similar environment, working on various building types, with comprehensive understanding of the building process. Strong technical CAD/Revit skills, construction field related experience and recent specification editing or enforcement responsibilities. Must be able to work in an orderly manner, accurately check work and meet deadlines. Must enjoy both the technical and creativity aspects of the architecture / building industry and have clearly and distinct (verbal and written) communication skills.
The position functions as an integral member of a project team with access to a wide variety of resources, vendors and products. Projects encompass civic, institutional, commercial, hospitality, health care, mixed use high rise project types and interior design studio projects. Individually or collectively, you will be required to do the following tasks:
- Effectively communicate with Project Team members.
- Collaborate with client's Project Managers, Architects, Designers and other project team members.
- Perform material research for the project team and the preparation of project specifications. Research selected materials and systems for suitability and sustainability.
- Participate in being a client resource for technical questions and construction related issues and/or a resource for construction material and product selections
- Review Revit models for useful information related to product selection
- Working with Senior Staff, produce technical CAD drawings details to building enclosure assemblies for new and remediation type work.
- Assist in the development of individual specifications for Project Manual. Individual must have mid-level specification writing knowledge and experience with writing Divisions 01 through 49 from master reference material, writing without such material, as well as incorporating specialized manufacturers, industry standards and LEED certification requirements.
- Assist in the review of substitution requests, RFI's, construction submittals, shop drawings and product samples.
- Uses in-depth knowledge of application of materials and methods during construction to write specifications for a variety of projects and building types including civic, university, corporate, high rise, hospitality, health care and interior design studio projects
- Interacts with Architectural client and team consultants to ensure that their specifications are properly coordinated with the Project Manual.
- Successfully meet project phase hourly budget requirements and deadlines
- Ensures that the technical specification is coordinated within the Project Manual and to the Contract Drawings.
- Conducts product research as necessary to ensure that materials and systems are appropriate for the Project.
- Serves as technical resource for the team, offering recommendations for the building systems and commenting on the drawings when appropriate Assists teams in answering questions and develops addenda during bidding.
- Assists the project team construction of the project, including commenting on product submittals and substitutions * Solves problems with specifications when discovered during construction. .
- Coordinate scheduling and production of project deliverables.
- Assists on Field testing and forensic investigations.
- Participates in professional organizations such as CSI, SCIP, AIA, IIDA and/or USGBC.
Applicant must be proficient and knowledgeable with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook), Adobe Acrobat, Bluebeam, AutoCAD, Revit & Internet Explorer. Advanced MS Word training is a plus. Ability to work in a team oriented environment is a must. This individual must work in an orderly manner, accurately check work, meet deadlines and proactively communicate with Architectural/Engineering clients. Must enjoy both the technical and creative aspects of the architecture / building industry and have clearly and distinct (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Bachelors in Architecture or a related field, preferred
- Minimum five years experience with 3-Part specifications for various building types
- Must have working knowledge of CSI practices, and a desire to obtain CCS, CCCA Certification,
- LEED accreditation, RRO or RRC Certification is a plus.
- Ability to effectively utilize MS Office Suite - Word Processing.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and with strong attention to detail
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined
- Ability to work with integrity, trust and commitment, setting an example for others
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; both verbally and in writing
Travel, including overnight travel may be required with this position. Mostly day trips to client offices and local job sites.
Applicants MUST submit a formal Cover Letter, resume, and current career wage history. Applicant information received without all three of these items will NOT be considered.
On premise work within our normal business hours, Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Field observation or inspection work scheduled as necessary to accommodate construction schedule and/or building occupants requirements.
Compensation: Wages commensurate with experience. The position will remain open until filled, but applicants are encouraged to apply sooner.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEOC guidelines.
Drug Free Workplace