Senior Editor (Walt Disney World)
- Orlando, FL
Da Mouse is a Walt Disney Company-focused news publication founded in 2011. Da Mouse’s mission is to offer breaking news coverage, in-depth reporting and a community platform in ways that highlight the simple Disney fun that is the hallmark of the man behind the mouse that got it all started.
The future of Simple Disney Fun is here at Da Mouse and we need talented individuals to help us carry our vision forward and create the best online destination for news and more about the Walt Disney Company.
As the Senior Editor at Da Mouse for Walt Disney World, you will report on the latest news from the resort as well as develop the vision for the stories that will capture our audience's attention. These stories must be infused with creativity, intelligience and still manage to be simple fun and engaging. You will visit the Walt Disney World Resort every week to research and develop your stories, take stunning photographs and video, interview Walt Disney Company executives and even attend press events or other special gatherings.
We are always looking to push the edge of content creation and push our message in new and exciting ways and you will be at the forefront of that mission. You will work with the Editor-in-Chief to promote and bolster the vision of Da Mouse and will be expected to pitch stories and play a lead role for Da Mouse at the Walt Disney World Resort. As the Senior Editor you will be expected to engage the Da Mouse and Disney community at large through your work and strong social media presence.
The Senior Editor for Da Mouse at Walt Disney World should be a person who is passionate about the Walt Disney company and devoted to their work. At the same time they should be fun individuals who are aiming for greatnesss and fit into the brand and culture we are building at Da Mouse.
- Based in Orlando, FL or in close proximity to the Walt Disney World Resort
- Flexible schedule that will allow for multiple weekly visits of the Walt Disney World Resort as needed in order to collect information and hold interviews for articles, capture photos and video for Da Mouse and report from assigned special events.
- Excellent written English skills
- Extensive knowledge of the various aspects of the Walt Disney World Resort
- Previous experience covering and writing about The Walt Disney Company and The Walt Disney World Resort
- Basic photography and video skills
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Passion for the Walt Disney Company and Walt Disney World Resort
- Foreign language skills are a bonus
Please provide links to recent online published works. If else, provide one or more attached document writing samples.
- Communitcate imaginatiion, creativity and ideas with the Da Mouse community and Da Mouse staff daily.
- Conceptualize and execute the weekly creation of a mixture of 5 articles/features about the Walt Disney World Resort
- Pitch story ideas and collaborate with the Editor-in-chief to develop the most engaging narratives.
- Visit the Walt Disney World Resort multiple times a week for information collection, interviews, photo and video capture for all Da Mouse posts from Walt Disney World.
- Must investigate, research, write and follow up on Walt Disney Company and Walt Disney World news as it occurs.
- Attend and report from assigned press events, special events and other gatherings in and around the Walt Disney World Resort.
This job is contract-based work and the chosen applicant will be payed on a per post model. Ideally applicant will have their own capable camera that they regularly use but if not, one shall be provided for them. Chosen applicant will be provided with the necessary pass to Walt Disney World parks, if they don't already have one.