Senior Analytics Engineer - Data Team (M/F/D)
- Paris, France
- Department: Operations
- Skills / Job Strem Ref: Data Engineering
Dailymotion’s mission is to connect publishers and advertisers with engaged viewers who turn to Dailymotion for videos that matter. Through partnerships with leading publishers and creators, including CBS, CNN, Fox Sports, GQ, Mashable, Universal Music Group, VICE and others, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly page views across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world, and has recently launched a proprietary ad platform to gain better control of its monetization value chain and deliver a premium advertising experience.
Dailymotion is a global champion of diversity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in being an equal opportunity employer that provides an environment of mutual respect.
Dailymotion is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value inclusion and we want you to help us thrive for a more diverse community.
Dailymotion is seeking a Senior Analytics Engineer to join the Data engineering team.
The team is in charge of building the datasets and machine learning models that power our products as well as owning the Data Platform used to run them (Google Cloud Platform, Airflow with some custom components).
As an Analytics Engineer, you bring software engineering best practices to production and maintenance of analytics code and bring an engineering mindset to discussions on how data is modeled from its source to its use in the data warehouse as business data & reporting data.
You are analytic and bring structure in your work, you champion consistency and predictability and you are self-driven and motivated. You enjoy making a data lake clean and usable. You guide others in the understanding of the data. You are naturally able to collaborate with data engineers, data analysts, software engineers as well as product & business people. You are excited at the prospect of working on tables with billions of rows per day and a datalake containing over 100.000 tables. You are an expert at SQL and can use Python to automate your analytics work.
We have important plans for improving the maturity of our analytics practice in 2021 as we build new components in our Data Platform (data catalog, internal dataset status information, data lineage,…) to be able to constantly produce data better, faster and more efficiently.
Your tasks will be to:
- Own data model for data we generate ourselves in our products that need to be in the data lake (tagging plan, logs…). Test the data produced in order to ensure it is of high quality
- Be part of discussions with product managers and analysts in order to guide them in their understanding of the data in the data lake, shape the product solutions and to better grasp the context of requirements coming your way
- Capture business requirements for analytics and translate complex ones into technical requirements. Collaborate with data engineers to design & implement end-to-end solutions
- Use SQL queries to transform data in our data lake in order to move it from raw nuggets into reliable business entities and then into reporting aggregates. Identify dependencies for these transformations. Schedule these transformations on our platform. Investigate discrepancies in data.
- Documents analytics datasets and any business logic
- Lead some refactoring of our data warehouse where needed, in order to make data more consistent, better documented and the pipelines more resource-efficient
- Excellent SQL knowledge with the ability to create efficient data models (applied to data warehousing in particular)
- Good business modelling skills: going from a stakeholder’s expressed requirements to an actual data model
- Software engineering experience with hands-on experience automating tasks with scripting (Python would be perfect)
- Ability to work with multiple parts of the business (product, ads) and multiple stakeholders (engineers, analysts, product managers…)
- Fluent in English (spoken, written)
At Dailymotion, we empower candidates to take action. If this job sounds like a great opportunity for you, be confident in your skills, we are always happy to meet you! If needed, we can accommodate our recruitment process for your special abilities.
Python, Airflow, SQL, Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery, Cloud Storage), Git, JSON, Bash, Druid, Tableau
- Location: Paris (France)
- Start Date: depending on your availabilities
- Contract Type: Full-time and Permanent contract
🔍 Want to learn more about us:
🏡 Remote Work Policy
💰 Saving Plan Vivendi
🍼 Paternity leave or Coparental leave extended
🕶️ Living Employee Culture (Events / Trainings / Partys / All hands / Dailymotion tradition…)
🚀 Career development support (training / internal mobility / compensation cycle / 360 quarter feedback review …)
🏥 High-end Health Insurance and Personal Services Vouchers (CESU)
⛱️ Paid Time off – RTT and Saving time plan (CET)
✅ Meal Vouchers – Public Transport and Bike refund
🎡 European Economic and Social Committee (sport membership/cinemas vouchers/gift vouchers/discount)