Engineering Manager, Analytics Engineering (D/F/M)
- New York, État de New York, États-Unis
- Ce poste est ouvert au télétravail.
- Temps complet
- Département: Operations
- Skills / Job Strem Ref: Data Engineering
Description de l'entreprise
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to Dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, France Télévisions, Le Monde, CBS, Bein Sports, CNN, GQ, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
At Dailymotion, we‘re storytellers. We build the best place for people to enjoy the videos that matter. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring discoverable stories to life through premium content from the world’s best publishers. We do this by helping these publishers grow their audiences and monetize their content, their way.
Dailymotion is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value inclusion and we want you to help us thrive for a more diverse community.
Description du poste
Dailymotion is seeking its new Engineering Manager for the Analytics Engineering team.
You will join the Data Engineering & Machine Learning craft, a craft made up of multiple teams of engineers and machine learning experts that collaborate daily to create and run Data products in Dailymotion. Your impact will be broad and across all of Dailymotion’s business. Some examples of products we build and maintain are highly scalable client-facing analytics, event processing at tens of thousands of messages per second, synchronizing data across databases & systems, spam & fraud detection, etc.
Inside this craft, the Analytics Engineering team’s mission is to provide trustworthy and available data to enable analysis & insights throughout the company (B2C & B2B products as well as business teams). To do so, it is tasked with understanding business requirements for new data analytics, transforming these business requirements into meaningful technical projects and executing the projects.
Today, the team itself collects vast amounts of data into our data lake, builds/maintains/optimizes/refactors datasets, is responsible for making costs-performance tradeoffs around data modeling & architecture and distributes our data and models through APIs, database tables, files, etc. The team is also involved with training users of our data on SQL and analytics best-practices and will also spearhead an important effort around data governance.
To do so, the team relies on a state-of-the-art data platform based on Google Cloud Platform with some additional open-source components (such as Airflow) and custom-built software.
What you will do
- Grow and lead a team of analytics engineers through hiring, feedback and hands-on career development. Encourage and value a healthy, collaborative engineering culture focused on delivering business value
- Manage direct reports’ workload & project assignments and participate in company-wide staffing ceremonies. Support agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Act as a technical lead for the team, ensuring that solutions are built at the expected level of quality using well-understood components and, more generally, making sure the architecture stays consistent
- Support timely delivery of projects by reviewing, directing & guiding the work of all engineers either directly or through your most senior engineers
- Support company-wide data governance through your team, identifying what processes need to change/begin and how your team will contribute to them
- Champion new requirements for the data platform coming from your team in order to constantly maximize their impact by making sure unproductive tasks are automated away
- Track costs and budget for cloud resources
- Partner closely with other engineering managers and product managers to better grasp the context of requirements coming your way, shape the solutions, anticipate dependencies and translate product requirements into actionable projects. In particular, you will constantly interact with the engineering managers from your sister teams (data engineering & machine learning engineering) in order to best realize our use-cases and maximize our efficiency
- You must be a technical manager who can understand the technical details of a project. You have experience translating business requirements into technical projects.
- You have had experience going through the full software cycle of requirements, design, coding/testing, rollout/deploy best practices applied to Analytics & big data.
- You can challenge and grow your team members: you can challenge technical designs and project milestones, encourage experimentation and uphold quality expectations.
- You have at least 5 years of experience around Big Data (Datawarehouse such as BigQuery, Python, streaming, batch, API, pipelines, etc..). You have spent at one year as a senior engineering leading more junior employees
- You have the ability and the interest in working with multiple parts of the business (product, ads) and multiple stakeholders (engineers, analysts, product managers…)
Technologies used by the team
Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery, Cloud Storage, Beam/Dataflow, Compute Engine, etc), Python, Airflow, SQL, Git, JSON, Bash, Docker, Druid…
At Dailymotion, we empower candidates to take action. If this job sounds like a great opportunity for you, be confident in your skills, we are always happy to meet you! If needed, we can accommodate our recruitment process for your special abilities.
Location: New York
Type of contract: Full-time
Start Date: ASAP
For the NYC Office 🇺🇸
🏥High-end Health Insurance (eligibility starting from the 1st day. 100% by Dailymotion)
🎖️ Retirement: 401k eligibility after 90 Days of employment
⛱️ Paid Time off and additional PTO
🕶️ Living Employee Culture (Events / Trainings / Partys / All hands / Dailymotion tradition…)
🚀 Career development support (training / internal mobility / compensation cycle / 360 quarter feedback review …)
🏡 Remote Work Policy
🍼 Paternity leave or Co-parental leave extended
💰 Saving Plan Vivendi
🚇 Public Transport refund
Feel free to explore Dailymotion culture a little further, please check out: